View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 01:03 PM
NowCorporate
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2008

Originally Posted by SteveCostello View Post
I've seen this theme repeated again and again around here... people complaining about making between $80K and $120K or so. I don't know about anyone else here, but that sounds like a pretty damned good living to me. My wife and I each make ~$70K, and we are quite comfortable, and have savings to boot. Do I drive a $60,000 BMW, have the latest 72" TV, a 4,000 square foot McMansion and a house on the lake? No... but we do have a very comfortable 4/3 house in the city, two nice cars, etc.

Would I be happy with $125K-$200K? You bet your butt I would be... that's about twice what I make right now. Which is why I stated in the other thread that I'd be happy at this point flying a BE350 for a small corporate outfit for about the money I am making now. It's not completely about the money for me, although I will absolutely take ALL I can get!

The money is actually a primary concern for me... as in, can I get back to making the money I am making now in relatively short order? How long will it take for me to get to that point, and can I continue working full time in this job while I try to get there? Those are the questions swimming in my head. I've seen over and over that I need minimum 2,000 hours, and I would presume that much of that needs to be TT. Have no idea how to do that without doing some regional work, which, from what I've read around here, does not appeal to me at all, and certainly would not appeal to my wife.

Well....think twice about this...because I (and many others here) worked about 8 days a week for years to qualify for the "cushier" jobs....this was possible because I had no wife/family. Not many people would put up with that lifestyle for as long as it will take you to get there.

Again...Good luck in whatever you decide!!