View Single Post
Old 12-17-2011, 08:15 AM
OscartheGrouch
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: B737/Capt

Originally Posted by Coach67 View Post
First an apology ... did a search for SWA JS procedures and found nothing.

Our Jump Seat web page has this text listed for SWA J/S:
**SOUTHWEST
CASS

The airline uses a list of approved FAR Part 121 and 135 carriers to determine eligibility. Go to the gate and fill out a jumpseat form. Riding the jumpseat is on a first-come, first-served basis subject to the captain’s approval. Check in no more than 1 hour before departure. Most aircraft have two jumpseats. If the fourth flight attendant seat is available, jumpseating Southwest pilots may move to that seat to allow another pilot to ride the jumpseat. Neat, casual attire is required. T-shirts, tennis shoes, jeans, goatees, and beards are not allowed. An FAA-issued pilot certificate, current medical certificate, and valid company photo ID are required. Call 866-359-7967 to list. Website: www.iflyswa.com
Is one supposed to call to list for the Jumpseat or just show up at the gate with a CASS approved airline ID etc?

Thanks for the info!
I never list (except for training) and I work here. Follow the j/s instructions and it should be a piece of cake. We will even let you on just prior to departure. Unlike some of the "other" airlines.

The Oscar

I will tell you that DAL let me on one time right at departure. The Ops agents, FA's, and the pilots were way cooooool!