Thread: Cathay
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 06:33 AM
CEFO
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2010
Position: Citation X

Originally Posted by Sliceback View Post
CEFO - You'd turn a job down with Cathay if you were 22 yrs old and had 300 hrs TT?

Right...
Im actually pretty close to 22 myself, and some fine guys who have been my mentors (1 who was a senior check and trainer on the b777 at cx) gave me the advice that building solid time early in my career was far more valuable than chasing the big jet cadet schemes. In my case itworked out extremely well. I think after a few years in HK on this deal you will be hating life. If you have that quality time flying smaller stuff (instruct, freight dog and regional FO) you never have to do it again and it looks great on a resume. Vs. Sitting in the back and watched the captain takeoff and land and when you sit in the window seat the autopilot has to be on. Not knocking SO's because their job is a valuable one but if that is what you go and do right out of college with no chance to learn how to "strap the plane to your back" and consolidate what you've learned could be a bad career move if you ever have to move on. That alone is why you shouldnt recommend it for a pilot fresh out of college. Oh and did we mention THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SUCK! ITS THE MOST EXPENSIVE CITY IN THE WORLD TO LIVE!