View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 01:31 PM
frozenboxhauler
Nice lookin' tree, there!

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: MD-11, old man

Originally Posted by KoruPilot View Post
Wow, sounds like the guy hates it there. . . kinda' wonder why he bothers.

Anyway, I spent two years flying out of Shanghai and loved every minute of it. The Chinese have their own way of doing thing's, frustrating at times but not anything a reasonable person can deal with. Besides, as was pointed out, they are paying for it.

Our rules for duty and rest were reasonable. Some might argue the FAA's are not.

Many of the cultural nuances have been embelished. Again, not the good old US of A, but if you want that in Shanghai just go live around Thumb Plaza; done.

I hear these kinds of complaints from the odd person who should have thought about how much they loved their homeland before they left. So, perhaps, the letter is a good reminder for those who are unsure about jobs in China.

It is way different on many levels, but the people are great, I never once had any ladies asking me if I wanted to get married, I never once fealt threatened, if I wanted real booze it was there, real food, real entertainment. . . it was a great experience. Bt that's just me.
Koru, I agree with you for the most part but you've never seen any one crap on the street? My last trip to Guangzhou, I saw a lady hold her little kid over the curb so that he could drop one! The ones that really bother me are the women, with the rented kids, begging for money.
Kombei!,
fbh