Thread: New Pay Scale
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 05:19 PM
Regularguy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2011
Position: A Nobody

Old Ucal:

"So, it sounds like some personal choices are in order...make a personal move or wait your turn like everybody else before you ."

Well let me embarrass you a bit. I have been at UAL for almost 35 years and have enjoyed my seniority. It only took me 12 years to make Captain because by fate and good fortune I was hired at the start of the new-hire of the late 70s. You do the math on what my choices might be.

You sir are modeling what is called "the entitled" syndrome. Didn't like it coming from the "Tracy-Aces" who were at UAL when I got hired nor do I like it today when it comes from my peers.

Every pilot I fly with (with the exception of many who were hired in 1985) are consummate professionals and deserve, by talent, to fly Captain. However, due to what ever you want to call it, fate, karma or some other thing, they have sat in the right seat without a chance to improve either their status or life style.

So when you blindly accuse others of stuff please consider what your choices are and how you got them.