Thread: New Pay Scale
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 07:00 PM
ChrisJT6
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2010

Originally Posted by horrido27 View Post
No one is "freaking out".. but people are reacting (and rightfully so) to the rumors/info that is out there.

A Rep (LAX FO) stated early on some of the points of the TA. Now it seems some of those "rumors" have been confirmed by our own Union Leadership.

My own MEC Chair commented at the last local council meeting that there was a hold up at the MEC's level because "the company has given us a lump sum to divide.. and we can't come up with an acceptable solution" [8 Oct 12]. "We have another meeting scheduled with the UAL MEC this Wed and hope to come to an agreement". "If not, ALPA Policy allows for JCBA Ratification without the sum known (!), or we can go to arbitration to determine how to divide the money"

So, to me.. reading between the lines.. Full Retro is no longer the goal of this Union.
That being said, we should all have a lump sum in our mind. There is nothing wrong about talking about that~

I agree that you have to look at the whole JCBA. But what if the B/C fund is 25% but Scope is sold out.. pay is less than Delta by a year.. is that acceptable?!

I have my minimums for every section of the JCBA. Delta minus 1 year doesn't cut it. Delta Scope doesn't cut it. $400 million divided by the two sides doesn't cut it.

Me posting on these message boards just lets the Union (and the company) know where I stand. [And since I identify myself, they know who I am]. It also (hopefully) raises discussions among other pilots and makes them "think" about minimums among all the sections.

Motch
Our MEC Chairman also points out how counterproductive it is to discredit a TA and hard work that hasnt been released in final product. I think the $400 MIL is just for the CAL side, yes that's right LAX LEC shot from the hip was not accurate according to our MEC Chairman as well.
I hope everyone with a vote uses thought before voting.