Old 02-05-2006, 10:58 AM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim
Exclamation

Originally Posted by RJ Pilot
Skywest things are gonna get ugly when ASA comes on board. Those 18 or less
months upgrade will get displaced pretty quick.

Mesa come on get real! Unless you wanna make 25k for RJ Ca go ahead..
BS ALERT!

Lowest REALISTIC pay for a reserve Mesa RJ CA (50 seat) would be $52,000 (some of which is non-taxable per diem). If you went a whole year and NEVER FLEW ONCE and NEVER SAT READY RESERVE (LOL) , it would be about $50,000.

I don't know if you're bitter or something, but I'm here spending my time to try to help inform people who are trying to make decisions. You (and I) are stuck with the decisions we made, but posting lies and BS won't really justify your situation or help anyone else. Are you trying to fool yourself into thinking that as a 6 year eagle FO you make more than a 2 year mesa captain? I am certainly NOT a big Mesa advocate (read my other posts), but it is far better than some other options. For me, the eagle interview was a fallback position only, actually taking the job would have been an act of desperation.

In my opinion eagle's only redeeming quality is that it could be useful for someone who needs some more multi or turbine time to get the job they really want. This is not an indictment of eagle pilots in any way, just the situation facing a new hire today. Many long-time eagle FO's got hired pre-9/11 and obviously had different expectations compared with today...