View Single Post
Old 02-11-2006, 01:13 PM
FDXFLYR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: ANC-Based MD-11 FO

I happen to like the idea of using the scope money as one part of three, put together to reduce the medical insurance premiums for our retired pilots. However, I don't want to let the company off the hook for fixing the problem. While I always want more money, this seems to me to be a much better use of our scope money.

BTW, this is just the first of two scope payments. The scope payment under discussion covered two months, the next one will cover three months. The next payment is not being considered for an insurance offset so the MEM whiners will get some cash.

I really don't want to flame the MEM guys (I'm in ANC) but I'm SO TIRED of hearing about how MEM has no clue about how to handle themselves during a contract negotiation. The previous comment about guys staying on the computers rather than attend a union meeting seems so typical. Thank you guys who went to the union meeting for showing the slow leaks what's really important right now.

I'm wearing my hat, no draft, no volunteer, and I'm taking your vacation. There's no reason why 100% isn't good enough. They want more? Then resolve our contract.