View Single Post
Old 02-12-2006, 11:48 AM
Deuce130
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: 777 FO

Originally Posted by dckozak
Oops. on the were, should have been wear that's what happens when you get cute and count on spellcheck to fix your boo boo's.

Regarding hats. I've got mine and have worn it several times in recent weeks, only to be the only hat guy in AOC. It didn't make much of a statement and few people, possibly none , understood why I was wearing it, just thought I was one of the few (and strange?? ) hat guys. Hard to make a point when so few are doing so with you.
Yep, I'd have to say the majority of FDX pilots (not us, of course) don't lurk on these boards or know anything about the hats. I know when I see one in the AOC, my first thought is "eccentric" followed by "I wonder if he used to fly pax." The last thought is about negotiations. Maybe someone could come up with a less nerdy way to outwardly show support, short of wearing giant signs on our backs, of course. One quick way is for everyone to wear the ALPA lanyards. See lots and lots of new-hires wearing the cute little orange and purple "management pilot" lanyards you buy at the corporate store. Not sure what's up with that. Maybe cause all they see in the first few weeks is mgt types who are wearing the same thing.