View Single Post
Old 02-12-2006, 04:30 PM
RedeyeAV8r
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Default Hats

Originally Posted by Deuce130
Yep, I'd have to say the majority of FDX pilots (not us, of course) don't lurk on these boards or know anything about the hats. I know when I see one in the AOC, my first thought is "eccentric" followed by "I wonder if he used to fly pax." The last thought is about negotiations. Maybe someone could come up with a less nerdy way to outwardly show support, short of wearing giant signs on our backs, of course. One quick way is for everyone to wear the ALPA lanyards. See lots and lots of new-hires wearing the cute little orange and purple "management pilot" lanyards you buy at the corporate store. Not sure what's up with that. Maybe cause all they see in the first few weeks is mgt types who are wearing the same thing.
Deuce I've been here 13 years and spent 8 years at 2 other PAX carriers........Picketed at one. During normal ops.....(meaning working under a current contract).....No hat required. Your negotiating committee needs any and all support you can give......................

It has been said before until we get a deal.....do your job at 100%....no more.
Wear your ALPA lanyard, Wear your ALPA Pin on your Tie and join the informational Picket lines when asked...............Yes wear your "NERDY" HAT
too. Take it off when we get a deal. I picketed during last contract negotiations on Wall Street. It was a little chilly so we all had our trench coats on. None of us had hats. As people walked by us while we held our signs................They had no idea who or what we were. When the Northwest guys walked about 7 years ago..........they were all decked out in full uniforms, yes with their nerdy hats..........but there was no doubt that they were ailrines pilots.............They settled into a pretty decent contract about 10 days later.