View Single Post
Old 07-05-2007, 05:23 AM
FlyerJosh
Chief Jeppesen Updater

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: Executive Transport Driver

Having worked the line in a previous life, I also know that there are some folks that are simply jerks in any situation... However, there are times when I too have been frustrated with FBO's that don't meet our requested pullout times or service requests when plenty of time has been given.

This pilot was out of line, but perhaps the FBO also needs to evaluate why the aircraft pullout was late? In my normal course, for overnights I'll request pullout 1 hr prior to our scheduled departure. I'll usually also call the FBO on the way to the airport to remind them that we are on the way.

On the occassion, the plane hasn't been brought up on time, and it can put quite a strain on the timeline- particularly when we get the phone call from our passengers saying that they're running 15 minutes early.

I guess the thing that bothers me is the comment "First of all he obviously didn't plan enough time even if we were late." I don't plan for FBO's running late. An FBO that "runs late" more than once, usually isn't one that gets repeat business.

That said, the manner/tone that he took with the line service guys isn't exactly the best way to motivate the line staff. I've always found it better to let them know you're up against a time crunch and need their help getting services quickly...