View Single Post
Old 03-12-2006, 02:58 PM
ukaviator
On Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2006

Originally Posted by WEACLRS
I just posted this in the other thread - "Boy, I don't know for sure. I haven't had that conversation with an hiring folks at a major. I know you would be picked up at a regional as long as you had 80 or so hours of multi in something. If I hazard to guess, with the exception of military single engine fighter turbine time, I think the major airlines really expect the PIC turbine requirment to be multi-engine." I see in this post you have the multi time. Are guys at your company getting hired to a major? If not, I think that might be your anwser.

Thanks for your replies.

Im not all that fond of going to the regionals unless it would be a good move ... hell i could have done that a thousand hours ago!

So you think it would be best to find a king air job, or a shorts or something like that, or go to say Colgan where you are and get some 121 Saab time (or something similar) under me?

I have a friend at Mesa and says they are looking. Do you think biting the bullet and going to the right seat of an RJ with the hopes of upgrading this century would be a bad thing, considering I have 1500 PIC already?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!