View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 10:19 PM
FlynChick
Left Seat

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: With wings going from A to B

Originally Posted by N6724G View Post
Where can I find information on the internet about Coca Cola Enterprises aviation department. I see them all the time at FTY but its hard to find info on corporate flight departments. For airlines all you have to do is go to their websites and it will list pilot job openings. Not soeasy for corporate flying jobs.
Not that this would help you at all, but......... a year or more ago, they came to Riddle (where I was working as a CFI), they were there for a forum or something but also had a small meeting on its corporate flight department. Alot of companies may do this looking for pilots and alot of the CFIs come in dressed to the nines with an update resume just in case....

what we got instead was a big, slap in the face. They weren't looking to hire at all, just "show how they did things and their growth" presentation. The flight dept is a very small, "its who you know" dept. The last new hire they had was about 5 years ago and that was because of attrition due to retirement (they really like their jobs) and he was hired only because he did an internship there and kept very close tabs with his previous boss.

I'm not saying its a lost cause to try and look them up since they are so "closed shell" and not open to the public, but their hiring rate is slower than molassas and a very "grandfathered in" kind of dept.

Hope that helps at all.