View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008, 05:16 PM
kronan
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: 757 Capt

In defense of my tanker bro's, have to admit couldn't have made it to N.Iraq or BH w/out tanker gas....well, could have made it, but pulling a Major Kong is never a good thing.

AND, have to admit, it's a totally different animal refueling fighters in war vs peace time so they deserve that weapons school patch
(damn, sure was hoping I could type that without LMFAO, well, still got a little bit of A left)

But, seriously, there have been some great tanker moves in AF history by dudes w/ some serious Gonads. Certainly some great stories from Vietnam about TAC wanting to get guys some tin to wear while SAC was lookin for the gallows to hang them from.

No guarantees in life,
best shot is one of the few existing Guard/Reserve units left but hiring is at a glacial pace since you can fly pretty much as long as you want to, pretty easy to keep flying into your 50s. I know some Hawg guys approaching 5000 hours. Shoot, that's almost the original design life of the plane. Those Fairchild boys did one hell of a job building one awesome plane.