View Single Post
Old 05-07-2008, 01:06 AM
fishalaska
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: Bidding Time Off

Originally Posted by Moose View Post
What a thread hijack, but since the question in regards to the A-10 was answered I will throw my 2 cents in on the patches. All the patch means is that the person who is wearing it was trained to be an "expert" in employing their weapon system. The CAOC bosses loves to have these dudes running around because they usually have the answers. I would love to see finance officers get a patch school...so I can get paid the correct amount in a reasonable amount of time.
Are you on crack??? This will never happen because the finance guy will NEVER stay late for a debrief or meet at the club for a beer on Friday (got plans to go to "bed bath and beyond tomorrow--don't have the time"). The CAOC guys would also get mildly ****ed off when the 2Lt tells the One Star that this pay situation could not possible happen in a combat zone due to AFI 69-6969. He will happily write himself a bronze star medal after that discussion for saving 50 cents which prevented something really important from happening on time.

Just 15 years of AD taking notes--Fish