Old 02-25-2009, 08:37 AM
Bignellyxx
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2007

Awesome rant winglet.

I usually make those posts after a few drinks but who knows a few Mimosas with the wife i understand.

The thing is the pilots that have known from day 1 that they want to fly and respect the profession still exist. They just don't get recognized because every young FO gets put into this nice generalization. No matter if you went to UND or ATP your still a spiky haired no talented weight in the right seat according to some.

Another thing i have noticed covers various posts. I know many military pilots that just stumble on flying. I know a Vietnam vet that had a very successful flying career because it started when he scored well on a test. I also have met many West Point and Naval Academy guys that just do it because it's a better job and was worth giving a shot. On the other had some guys had it planned out when their peers were swallowing coins. I'm not implying that they are poor pilots. I think it may be part of the reason why the ex-military legacy guys allowed scope and everything else to go away.