Old 06-01-2009, 03:40 AM
CAL EWR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2006

Originally Posted by bfull View Post
Jayson,

When you chose to not attend the Smith Street event, did ALPA still pay you?

No they didn't. For personal reasons I resigned from our SPSC committee in May 08. The flight pay loss I had for the June event was removed in May before the June bid period, thus no flight pay loss for the June 08 SPSC Smith street event.

What you are referring to, the flight pay loss in May 08 when I resigned. I tried for months to fly back the time I owed, however unlike many others past I wasn't given the ability to fly back (essentially flying trips and not being paid, having my pay for the flying sent to the union) the time I owed. Since I wasn't given that opportunity, I wrote a check to ALPA for the full amount.

Now why are you bringing this up now? I ran for elected office and all of this was brought out during a very nasty contentious campaign last fall. I won that election and yes I did I resign from our SPSC Committee several months prior to the election. I currently receive no flight pay loss (unless I attend an MEC meeting). I average 12 - 18 hours a day of work for our union 7 days a week running an LEC with over 2300 pilots, one of the largest within ALPA, while still flying a full line of time (except for MEC meetings). Whats your point?

Guess you don't like the fact that my team is unifying our pilot group to fight the enemy Continental management for an Industry Redefining Contract. We have established well above average ALPA LEC weekly communication with our Magenta Line. Which by the way is just phase one of our Communications plan. Phase two will start in a month or so. So what's your beef?

Last edited by CAL EWR; 06-01-2009 at 03:51 AM.