View Single Post
Old 07-13-2009, 04:28 PM
Colnago
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Default Question regarding standby on Delta

I'm trying to understand what happened today:

So today I tried hopping on a flight to Istanbul out of JFK. (DL72)
I checked the loads while I was at the airport, on Travelnet, maybe about an hour and a half prior to departure.

The loads on Travelnet looked like this:

Business Av/Au (14/15)
Coach Av/Au (-16/xx) [overbooked, of course]

I checked the number of standbys and there were only 4 of us, me being No. 1 on the list. (0 rev, 4 nonrev)

I thought to myself, that being No. 1 standby, I would be sure to get a Business class seat since there were 14 seats open up front, since I wasn't expecting any revenue pax to upgrade (this will be my next question).

I waited in the gate area and noticed the 4 standbys on the screen. However, I also noticed the "Cleared List" included approximately 18 people who were never on the standby screen and never appeared on Travelnet. The seat assignments for the people on the cleared list were mostly coach seats.

The plane ended up leaving, and none of us 4 standbys (which had appeared on travelnet) got on the flight.

What exactly could have happened, then?
Don't ALL standbys appear on travelnet? Travelnet showed only 4 people. I was almost positive I would have gotten on this flight.
I'm probably wrong, but I always thought that rev pax upgrades appear on travelnet as "rev" standby.

Any feedback would SERIOUSLY be cool. It left me completely confused.

Could it have been that 14 revenue pax upgraded from coach, leaving 14 seats open in coach for the overbooked revenue passengers, thus filling up the plane? ...but then those on the cleared list were mostly coach seats assigned.

I'm seriously confused, and you probably are too. I can re-explain if need be, but I really would like to know how all the travelnet numbers work.