View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 06:02 AM
ewrbasedpilot
HOSED BY PBS AGAIN

Joined APC: Mar 2005
Default Security From Tsa??? Hardly........

I don't know how many times we've seen or heard about it, but EWR got nailed again with someone going the WRONG WAY through security. How and more importantly, WHY? (Someone asleep you suppose?) They shut the whole wing down and had to rescreen a LOT of passengers. My question is this: when is the government going to start paying the airlines for THEIR total lack of competence which is costing us MILLIONS in lost revenue? Passengers are missing their flights right and left due to the idiots with GED's and high school diploma's that are "qualified" to be doing this job, yet continually screw up. No wonder we've got so many security incidents in this industry. This lack of qualified screeners has got to be addressed, one way or another. I'm tired of seeing screeners with piercings, grills, tatoos, funky dyed hair, and generally looking like they just crawled out from under a bridge, and knowing that THEY have so much power over us. I've NEVER seen ANYONE..... from the airport police on down, respond to a door alarm.......EVER. Yep, I certainly feel secure.