View Single Post
Old 04-30-2010, 06:15 PM
Bashibazouk
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2010
Default It's about fertilizer, not feelings

[quote=Grumble;804467]Wow someones feelings got hurt.

And yes, constant speed props on multis can be that hard for some people. Start flying turbo props (especially direct drives) and find out what happens if you don't understand the effects of prop control. Go get your MEI and teach your students the things that effect Vmc. Then come back and tell me "it's not that hard"

Re your post two up, so you're telling me if I have a total electrical failure, then I have AT MOST 30 minutes of flying time left? F-that.[/quote

If you lose both generators in a DA42, you have about 30 minutes of life in the main battery after shedding load, and sometime after that, the ECU batteries will start to discharge. You then have 30 minutes in the ECU batteries, and then, yes, it all get quiet. However, since it's hard to tell which battery is carrying the engine load, the manual says "30 minutes to total engine failure," so that's what I was trained to.

Mind you, that's after the 2nd generator fails. Typical load with lights, a/p, pitot heat, etc. is 35 A, and each generator is rated for 60 A. So you can complete a flight in IMC with a generator failure. The manual says "land at the next suitable airport" in that case.

Please note the difference in tone between my post (trying to educate you) and yours (trying to mock me for not knowing something you apparently know.)