Thread: Cathay Pacific
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 06:20 PM
SUX4U
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2009
Position: B756 FO

Please dont take this as being abbrasive, but for those asking about DESO info, do yourself a favor and do some research on current events regarding the position with Cathay before you get excited because you actually meet published minimum qualifications. The company has discovered a new way of saving costs on expat packages for SO's by recruiting world wide for Cadets to fill those positions on local terms (no housing/kids education, etc).

As much as I hate to suggest PPRUNE.ORG and its Fragrant Harbour Forum, one has much info to gain from the threads posted. I dont think I would be wrong to say the chance of getting a shot at a DESO slot in the next 3-5 years would be a long shot. To make matters a tad bit more challenging for SO hopefuls there are numerous guys still waiting in the hired pool. Not a real pretty picture when you take all factors into consideration. None the less, these are just my oppinions that I have formed from what I know. They dont mean anything, and it would be great to see my pessimistic view for hopefulls shattered!

Good luck guys!