View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 08:43 AM
Soyathink
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005

Originally Posted by Gunter View Post
JJ didn't say anything at all about corporate jets. How did you get the idea he was referring to them?

UPS is lobbying heavily and it has nothing to do with a desire to increase anyone's income or benefits. If they cared about that they could do something right now by not throwing pilots out on the street.

UPS's motivation is only to improve their own competitive position which is already very strong.

Do you always paint your arguments with motives that don't really exist?
"JJ didn't say anything at all about corporate jets. How did you get the idea he was referring to them?"

Yep JJ didn't say anything about corporate jets. He referred to how cheap he said UPS is and how much better things are at FDX. FDX has Corporate jets right? Ups Doesn't Right? UPS is cheap Right? Nothing new since 1907. What do lavs in 727's which UPS hasn't flown in a few years have to do with this too?

"UPS is lobbying heavily and it has nothing to do with a desire to increase anyone's income or benefits. If they cared about that they could do something right now by not throwing pilots out on the street."

"Throwing pilots out on the street." Yep there have been furloughs. There have been layoffs all around, pay freezes, hiring freezes. It has been spread around not just to pilots. Why would UPS spend all the money lobbying when UPS could just furlough, oops sorry "Throw pilots out on the street" ?

"UPS's motivation is only to improve their own competitive position which is already very strong."

Pan Am's competitive position was once "already very strong", TWA's competitve position was once "already very strong", you see where im going? Tell that to Consolidated Freightways... Should UPS just go on with heads in sand and not defend its market share? Should UPS let marketshare erode? I see posts here that UPS isn't doing anything to improve their position and doesn't care about furloughing pilots. Which is it?

"Do you always paint your arguments with motives that don't really exist?" Really I answered you questions but you have yet to answer any of mine why?