Thread: Blackwater
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 05:15 PM
Tink
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2008

Originally Posted by jlloyd1010 View Post
Hey everyone. I'm an avid reader of these forums but rarely post (had to get a new user name its been so long).

I am debating on sending in my resume to AAR Corp (formerly Xe and Blackwater). I know a couple people that may help me get in. I have searched these posts read them all, but I was wondering if anyone had some updated information. I'm assuming AAR will be continuing on doing the same contract stuff Blackwater did. Dash 8/Casa 212 in Afghanistan and Africa (and I guess some other places as well).

I am a King Air guy now with over 3000 hours. No military experience but I do have plenty of 135 exp.

How long is the training?
Do they train pilots on firearms?
Are pilots allowed to be armed?
How much do they pay now?
What is the lifestyle like over there/here during training?
How would a pilot like myself (135 pilot with 1 and 2-pilot experience but no military experience) fare in an environment like that?

I have talked to a couple military guys and they say the contractors and contract pilots are not looked down upon over there at all.

It seems like some interesting flying and definitely something I'd like to do while I'm still young. Thanks to anyone who has some info for me.

-Jeff
I can almost guarantee you won't get firearms training. Most likely you won't be allowed to carry a weapon anyhow. I'm going to venture to say that if you have no weapons training, it means you were never military and its not likely you will get hired. I could be wrong, but I'm speaking from my personal experience and observations. A big help is already having a security clearance. A secret does the job, a TS is great. Most military already have a clearance, well, depending on your job.