View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 12:36 PM
T-1A
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: Instructor
Default Wow

I used to have both as my dream job. Some years ago I thought UPS primarily because you get paid for years and position. This means that I don't have to worry about bidding over A/C etc. Given the current development, one is definitely off the table. Not that it matters until someone offers you a job anyway. I don't know how UPS is going to try to undo the damage they have done to their pilots, but as a standard business model they are screwed. Every company has "propaganda" to make their employees believe in the company mission. What message are they trying to send, AND how dedicated to the company are a bunch of highly educated professionals going to be after such treatment? I know that there are battles. The company wants to pay less. The pilots want better pay. However, the current tactics seem fruitless as now they have pi$$ed off/on the people they rely on. Someone smarter than me in management must believe that they will still turn .01c more profit for this. Good luck to the bottom. I hope you find a way to pay the bills and one day be free from a company that does not value their most valuable asset....