Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Pilot Jobs in NY?

AIC111
03-16-2010, 12:48 PM
I'm a CFII with around 900TT and unable to find an instructor or any pilot job anywhere on Long Island, NY. Any suggestions? I'm not even current anymore and desperately want to fly.

rickt86
03-16-2010, 02:42 PM
Get in contact NOW with Bryan who owns Long island skydiving, NOT SKYDIVE LONGISLAND, its a 182 DZ and they are looking for local guys who are pilots, jump time is something he would really want, and the insurance will require 25 in type, and if u get the gig before u show up for training try and forget everything you learned as a CFI, it makes it hell to train you guys. You can also tell him Rick from Sussex told you to call him.

Also Duanesberry NY skydiving near Albany is hiring, but thats a crud job.

-Rick

I'm a CFII with around 900TT and unable to find an instructor or any pilot job anywhere on Long Island, NY. Any suggestions? I'm not even current anymore and desperately want to fly.

AIC111
03-16-2010, 04:27 PM
Get in contact NOW with Bryan who owns Long island skydiving, NOT SKYDIVE LONGISLAND, its a 182 DZ and they are looking for local guys who are pilots, jump time is something he would really want, and the insurance will require 25 in type, and if u get the gig before u show up for training try and forget everything you learned as a CFI, it makes it hell to train you guys. You can also tell him Rick from Sussex told you to call him.

-Rick

Hello Rick, thanks for your reply. I don't have a single hour in 182 or experience flying skydivers. I'll give him a call tomorrow anyways and see what has to say. Thanks once again.

Bwatsky
04-01-2010, 10:14 PM

-Rick

If your interested in the gig near ALB its Duanesberg just to make sure your looking at the right place, it is a curd job though. They fly one beat up 182 (last time I saw it, looked like they had wing sections from 3/4 seperate aircraft on it)

Gunga Galunga
04-02-2010, 03:29 AM
PM me I might have a few leads for you here on the island.

rickt86
04-04-2010, 05:50 AM
I would avoid this place if possible, like seriously, a simple good search on the place will help you see.

If your interested in the gig near ALB its Duanesberg just to make sure your looking at the right place, it is a curd job though. They fly one beat up 182 (last time I saw it, looked like they had wing sections from 3/4 seperate aircraft on it)

konstantin
07-18-2010, 11:55 AM
Any chance the mins are under 1000? lol

flyheavys85
07-27-2010, 02:03 PM
Just reviving the thread, has anyone heard of any new or recurring cfi opportunities in/around the NYC area??

stingray pilot
07-28-2010, 12:03 PM
Just reviving the thread, has anyone heard of any new or recurring cfi opportunities in/around the NYC area??

Just saw a job for a CFI at KFRG pop up on Climbto350.

flyheavys85
07-28-2010, 03:58 PM
Just saw a job for a CFI at KFRG pop up on Climbto350.

I found the posting but couldn't dig any further because I wasn't a member. Do you remember who posted it? .. Thanks for the heads up tho!

flyheavys85
07-28-2010, 04:32 PM
PM me I might have a few leads for you here on the island.

Hey Gunga, could you PM me? As I'm unable to....

"Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness. So I got that goin' for me, which is nice" -- Great Movie btw:D

Furious Dreamer
08-10-2010, 01:55 PM
Hey flyheavy, I do freelance flight training in my 172 at FRG. If you wanted to do something similar in finding your own students, I could set you up to have access to a plane. You basically just need a CFI insurance policy which are decently priced through AOPA. I don't have a substantial number of students but I am getting busier and am happy to have hand off students if my schedule gets too hectic.

Paul
Sky Jane, LLC (http://www.skyjane.com)

flyheavys85
08-11-2010, 07:05 PM
Hey flyheavy, I do freelance flight training in my 172 at FRG. If you wanted to do something similar in finding your own students, I could set you up to have access to a plane. You basically just need a CFI insurance policy which are decently priced through AOPA. I don't have a substantial number of students but I am getting busier and am happy to have hand off students if my schedule gets too hectic.

Paul
Sky Jane, LLC (http://www.skyjane.com)

Nevermind, I realized the link after replying....