Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Hawker Beechcraft Pilot Jobs

dbtownley
10-27-2010, 08:37 AM
My company has now released several req's for pilots. Most of these are in the ICT area, and they are demo/transporatation/delivery type jobs. Just thought I would post here, if anyone is interested, I can try and get more info for you.

Currently recruiting for the following positions:

Transportation Delivery Pilot Requisition #0101813
Sr. Test Pilot II Requisition #0101819
Demonstration Pilot Requisition #0101820
Production Pilot Internship Requisition #0101847
Sales Demonstration Pilot Internship Requisition #0101846

BoilerUP
10-28-2010, 10:44 AM
Glad to see hiring is going on...but given the amount of job cuts HBC has announced on the production side, has there been a lot of turmoil/turnover going on of Webb Road for pilot positions to come available?

dbtownley
10-28-2010, 11:02 AM
Glad to see hiring is going on...but given the amount of job cuts HBC has announced on the production side, has there been a lot of turmoil/turnover going on of Webb Road for pilot positions to come available?

There have been some major cuts on the factory floor, but we are actually short on pilots. We have some folks stretched pretty thin right now and are looking to alleviate that.

BoilerUP
10-28-2010, 11:15 AM
Good news!

I interviewed but wasn't selected for a Hawker Copilot demo position back in 2006; it was a fantastic experience despite not being extended an offer.

rynrock9
10-28-2010, 05:30 PM
Any Idea on what would be competitive mins for the delivery pilot position?

bcaviator
10-28-2010, 06:25 PM
An internal recommendation is the best thing a person can have for these openings. There are folks with a few thousand hours applying for the delivery position.

Cruz5350
10-29-2010, 06:12 AM
An internal recommendation is the best thing a person can have for these openings. There are folks with a few thousand hours applying for the delivery position.

Is that how you made it on? Or did you intern first?

bcaviator
10-29-2010, 03:07 PM
Is that how you made it on? Or did you intern first?

I Interned first. Had some good timing.

Cubdriver
11-02-2010, 04:36 PM
I actually would consider one of the entry positions with you guys if you could use me, and word is you have a great department over there. Being from engineering things are kind of slow these days, so put in a good word for me if you will. Whomever you bring on will certainly have a great job to do.

bcaviator
11-02-2010, 06:35 PM
Yeah Cubdriver, it's a tight group. I did see your info in the stack...stack of over 100 resumes. I don't have much pull around here.

Tgaug6300
11-04-2010, 09:49 AM
Curious, as to why you guys are not hiring some of those that were laid-off back? Will the Flight Departments be moving operations down to La. too?

USMCFLYR
11-04-2010, 10:05 AM
Yeah Cubdriver, it's a tight group. I did see your info in the stack...stack of over 100 resumes. I don't have much pull around here.
Having just driven through Wichita, KS last week, it looks like an interesting town. If Cubdriver wouldn't object - maybe you could put my resume right on top of his??? ;)
Ah....nevermind. I'll concentrate on the King Air for now :)
Hey Cub. I looked for you while driving by. If I hadn't been in such a hurry through town I would have given you a shout.

USMCFLYR

Cubdriver
11-04-2010, 10:17 AM
:) Hey Cub. I looked for you while driving by. If I hadn't been in such a hurry through town I would have given you a shout.
USMCFLYR

You'll be line checking all the navaids right? You'll be back. I've been grounded a month and a half with a pretty serious injury (broke my collar bone in a bicycle crash) so I am not a lot of fun right now anyway. I will be finishing up my CFII & MEI certs as soon as the doctor approves and treating Wichita to a ton of Apache noise doing that.

USMCFLYR
11-04-2010, 10:30 AM
You'll be line checking all the navaids right? You'll be back. I've been grounded a month and a half with a pretty serious injury (broke my collar bone in a bicycle crash) so I am not a lot of fun right now anyway. I will be finishing up my CFII & MEI certs as soon as the doctor approves and treating Wichita to a ton of Apache noise doing that.Yes - I expect that I'll see Wichita many more times in the neat to not too distant future!
Sorry to hear about the medical issues. Best wishes for a speedy recovery and getting back to the flight training.

dbtownly / bcaviator - I think this might have been asked, but what do you know of the qualifications of those 100 resumes? Is it a different group than you would normally see applying for such jobs, or are those jobs a special niche that suaully attracts the same quality of resume?
If you had to guess on the basic quals/times to actually be competitive - what would they be?

USMCFLYR

Tgaug6300
11-04-2010, 02:01 PM
Cub,

Sounds like you'll be flying with Herb. Have fun with that. :-)

dbtownley
11-05-2010, 04:44 PM
Yes - I expect that I'll see Wichita many more times in the neat to not too distant future!
Sorry to hear about the medical issues. Best wishes for a speedy recovery and getting back to the flight training.

dbtownly / bcaviator - I think this might have been asked, but what do you know of the qualifications of those 100 resumes? Is it a different group than you would normally see applying for such jobs, or are those jobs a special niche that suaully attracts the same quality of resume?
If you had to guess on the basic quals/times to actually be competitive - what would they be?

USMCFLYR

I have not personally seen any of the resumes. I am down in the Little Rock at the completion center for the Hawker 987 (750, 900X) and the Hawker 4000. I do know that the demo/trans group is looking for some King Air experience, they are wanting to have a person become Ferry/Transportation/Demo Captain very quickly. As for the test world, it is all over the place as for times/types. I do think we hire for the person and train for skill. I just got lucky with the right time and right place kind of thing. I was not a Test Pilot in the Navy, but I had a bunch of FCF experience. Let me know if you need any more info

USMCFLYR
11-05-2010, 06:45 PM
I have not personally seen any of the resumes. I am down in the Little Rock at the completion center for the Hawker 987 (750, 900X) and the Hawker 4000. I do know that the demo/trans group is looking for some King Air experience, they are wanting to have a person become Ferry/Transportation/Demo Captain very quickly. As for the test world, it is all over the place as for times/types. I do think we hire for the person and train for skill. I just got lucky with the right time and right place kind of thing. I was not a Test Pilot in the Navy, but I had a bunch of FCF experience. Let me know if you need any more info
That Ferry / Transportation / Demo Captain sounds really interesting; but I assume that they are looking for full time pilots and not contract. I've heard a couple of people around here talking about contracting work on the side but I'm not sure how they would find the time.
I don't have a test background either, but like you - a lot of FCF time / experience.
Who knows what may be in the future? Thanks for the input. If you hear of anyone actually picking up one of the jobs let us know.

USMCFLYR

Cubdriver
11-06-2010, 06:16 AM
Cub, sounds like you'll be flying with Herb. Have fun with that. :-)

Yes, I am looking forward to flying with Herb, the guy has a stellar reputation. His Apache also has a fully modernized panel, more buttons means more fun. :)

mtbthis
11-07-2010, 11:56 AM
What are the requirements on those internships? You know of anything out at IWA?

Hoof Hearted
11-07-2010, 05:17 PM
I have a buddy that will be demo'ing 900xp's and hawker 4000 out of Hong Kong. Appears that hawker beechcraft is using Execujet for it's international demonstration team management. Execujet also manages the demonstration teams European needs with a different group of pilots.

dbtownley
11-08-2010, 06:48 AM
What are the requirements on those internships? You know of anything out at IWA?

Nothing out of IWA, all the internships will be out of ICT. As far as requirements, I belive they are listed on the website but I would guess CFI, CFII, comm ticket with multi. They arent looking for folks with thousands of hours

Tgaug6300
11-13-2010, 11:30 AM
I don't want to sound like "the bad guy", but with HB announcing that they are suspending 400XP production, and even the CEO saying that further cuts may need to be made. One would need to look long and hard before hiring onto any aircraft manufacturer. At least for the next two years.

BoilerUP
11-13-2010, 11:42 AM
The end of the Beechjet is LONG overdue, especially since it wasn't really competitive with the CJ3 and is even less competitive with the Phenom 300.

Tgaug6300
11-14-2010, 05:06 AM
The plan is to bring it back in 2013. The company took a $7.8 million charge in 3rd quarter primarily related to 400XP inventory (which isn't too bad). However, when you look at the fact that as of Sept. 30th the companys' debit totaled $2.14 billion, including $59.9 million of short-term obligations. There is some good news though. HB only reported operating losses of $81.4 million compared with $721.1 million a year ago. So, they are taking orders.

Cubdriver
11-14-2010, 06:05 AM
Various analysts such as Richard Aboulafia forecast a full recovery for business aircraft by 2015, possibly 2013. 2011 is supposedly the "trough year" in the business dip. Risk-aversion by banks is the problem, because they aren't opening the vaults until they know they are getting it all back, and the business jet industry lags the overall economy. Not easy times, from my perspective here in Wichita.

Aerospace America article on GA (2009) (http://www.aiaa.org/aerospace_old/images/articleimages/pdf/p26_Aircraft%20Update_JUL-Aug2009.pdf)
FlightGlobal on GA (2010) (http://www.flightglobal.com/articles/2010/10/11/348248/rough-but-ready-business-aircraft-census-2010.html)

sabreflyr
11-14-2010, 08:48 AM
The plan is to bring it back in 2013.

You will never see the Beechjet come back into production. I'm sure they plan to apply the 400XPr mods to the new production airplane, but you have ask why would anyone buy one?

Look across town at the CJ3 & CJ4, look south at the Phenom 300, these airplanes offer substantially better options for about the same amount of money.

The real Hawkers are old and outdated. The 750 was a mistake that could be made better by by using the more fuel efficient -50 engine and putting the API winglets on it. Guess they're afraid that would cut to deeply into the 900XP sales though.

BoilerUP
11-14-2010, 09:07 AM
The 750 was a mistake that could be made better by by using the more fuel efficient -50 engine and putting the API winglets on it. Guess they're afraid that would cut to deeply into the 900XP sales though.

...cuz they are selling SO MANY 900XPs...

The 750 with -50s and APIs would probably have the same or slightly better range than the original 800XP on less fuel with more baggage space, wouldn't it? I'd think that to be a decent evolution on an ancient type...

sabreflyr
11-14-2010, 10:02 AM
...cuz they are selling SO MANY 900XPs...

The 750 with -50s and APIs would probably have the same or slightly better range than the original 800XP on less fuel with more baggage space, wouldn't it? I'd think that to be a decent evolution on an ancient type...

True, I heard of some $11.5m deals on 900XP's last summer.

Yep, with those mod the 750 would be real close to the 800XP range on less fuel.

spruce21
11-19-2010, 04:21 PM
Anyone heard if they have started interviewing for the open positions?

tcaphou
11-21-2010, 07:13 AM
Great to hear hiring on the Corporate side. Things are slowly turning around.

Chally
11-22-2010, 06:50 AM
Yes also got the impression that thing get stronger again.
Have seen quite a few jobs coming up the last weeks.