Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the
aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and
job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.
Great gouge for PVG laundry!
Looking for laundry in cologne & paris
Thanks in advance
07-19-2012, 07:19 AM
Been here several times and it works great. Thanks to one of our guys for the step-by-step breakdown:
Waschsalon Reinigung (Four blocks from hotel) self service
DIRECTIONS TO LAUNDROMAT (Monday - Saturday 0600-2300)
1) Go out the front of the Maritim hotel and go left (opposite direction of the Doner Kabob)
2) Go through the traffic light, walk one block (street curves left) to the next light.
3) Go through the light and on the left side (before street curves right) is the Waschsalon. You will see a round red Lucky Strike sign sticking out next to it. There is an small convenience store next to it.
WASHER/DRYER OPERATING DIRECTIONS
1) Put your clothes in the washer and note the number on the bottom
2) Go to the red Coke Machine (the green button on the top left side is for English) and put in 3 Euros (It takes coins or 5, 10 bills) The hotel will give you change before you go.
3) Press the Number button of your washer. Then put cup into left dispenser located lower right, press lighted button to get your detergent, included.
4) Go to washer, put in detergent, and press Normalwalsch. You get a choice of 3 temperatures, 95/60/40 Normalwasche, (top 3 buttons). Then press start button (Looks like: I »>)
5) Has countdown timer on washer, which lasts 30-35 minutes. When timer reaches 00, wait one minute, then washer unlocks. Open, then transfer clothes to dryer.
6) Note dryer number, go to Coke Machine. It takes .50 euros per 15 min but you need 30 min. Put in 1 euro and press dryer number button twice for 30 min. Press start button on dryer. Countdown is on ?Coke Machine? (press dryer #) Red Button on the right of the dryer button gives you change if you press it if your laundry gets dry sooner than expected.
Red light on your number is on when working. When you run out of time, it turns green.
7) Take clothes, fold, & wave bye to lady behind counter. She doesn’t speak English.
07-19-2012, 07:34 AM
I believe the Dorint hotel in CGN does two items free per day.