Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : New name for american eagle?

Moonwolf
11-09-2012, 07:24 PM
Surprised nobody has said anything about this yet. I've heard that eagle is asking its employees to come up with a new name for eagle.
I'm sure others have heard the same.

Ive thought of two names myself, "bald eagle airlines" & " taco airlines" .

Anybody else have ideas?

Lab Rat
11-09-2012, 07:26 PM
Surprised nobody has said anything about this yet. I've heard that eagle is asking its employees to come up with a new name for eagle.

Ive though of two names myself, "bald eagle airlines" & " taco airlines" .

Anybody else have ideas?

American Canary?

SailorJerry
11-09-2012, 08:22 PM
SureJet I bet

usmc-sgt
11-10-2012, 03:50 AM
Comair......

LeftWing
11-10-2012, 04:08 AM
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/9McOOHvdPXY/0.jpg

CANAM
11-10-2012, 05:03 AM
They're asking their employees to come up with a new name? Seriously? Is there nothing more urgent they should be working on?

PiperPilot03
11-10-2012, 05:08 AM
A captain I flew with said Spread Eagle. I thought that was pretty good:D

EV120
11-10-2012, 05:10 AM
TransNationalAirlines....TNA

Mason32
11-10-2012, 05:26 AM
Since AMR's plan is to cease using the American Connection brand, and make all contractors fly as American Eagle, they need a name change. AMR also still plans to dump Eagle so they can go it alone. They will need a different name to bid flying from US, DL, UA, B6 and others.

Supposedly Skywest and their xJ subsidiary have already been awarded an ASA to fly as American Eagle, in Eagles colors.

A new low for the regional industry. Not only will they impersonate mainlines; now they'll impersonate other regionals.

Actually, this is the foot in the door for them to outsource mainline brands to other operators. If all it takes is a corporate name change to outsource the brand we're all in trouble. AMR us saying the Eagle brand is theirs to use and license as they see fit; just like they license it for t-shirts and baseball hats. So, next they will create AMR Air and AMR ground services. They can transfer all employees to one of the two companies. Now none of the employees work for AA; and AA becomes a brand they can license. So, places like Skywest and Republic will fly A320's and 73's with American Airlines on the side... and a small Operated By logo near the door.

Everybody complains if commuters getting jets 25 years ago being the camel nose into the tent. Well, here is the next greatest threat. The brand isn't ours; it's theirs. Our contracts all say flying on behalf of the company, not all flying on behalf of the AA brand.

APA hasn't addressed it, and the Eagle ALPA union isn't fighting it even though its happening to them first. The major pilot unions need to realize this is where the next threat to our jobs will come from. Yep, you can do all flying on behalf of the company; but your company is AMR flight Services staffing company; not American Airlines.
Look at all the AA stations where all the staff has been layed off and offered their same jobs at AMR Eagle Ground Services. It's headed our way next.

HercDriver130
11-10-2012, 05:57 AM
Flagship...Metro....Simmons......all names from the past.....

Avroman
11-10-2012, 06:01 AM
Since AMR's plan is to cease using the American Connection brand, and make all contractors fly as American Eagle, they need a name change. AMR also still plans to dump Eagle so they can go it alone. They will need a different name to bid flying from US, DL, UA, B6 and others.

Supposedly Skywest and their xJ subsidiary have already been awarded an ASA to fly as American Eagle, in Eagles colors.

A new low for the regional industry. Not only will they impersonate mainlines; now they'll impersonate other regionals.

Actually, this is the foot in the door for them to outsource mainline brands to other operators. If all it takes is a corporate name change to outsource the brand we're all in trouble. AMR us saying the Eagle brand is theirs to use and license as they see fit; just like they license it for t-shirts and baseball hats. So, next they will create AMR Air and AMR ground services. They can transfer all employees to one of the two companies. Now none of the employees work for AA; and AA becomes a brand they can license. So, places like Skywest and Republic will fly A320's and 73's with American Airlines on the side... and a small Operated By logo near the door.

Everybody complains if commuters getting jets 25 years ago being the camel nose into the tent. Well, here is the next greatest threat. The brand isn't ours; it's theirs. Our contracts all say flying on behalf of the company, not all flying on behalf of the AA brand.

APA hasn't addressed it, and the Eagle ALPA union isn't fighting it even though its happening to them first. The major pilot unions need to realize this is where the next threat to our jobs will come from. Yep, you can do all flying on behalf of the company; but your company is AMR flight Services staffing company; not American Airlines.
Look at all the AA stations where all the staff has been layed off and offered their same jobs at AMR Eagle Ground Services. It's headed our way next.

Sounds very similar to Nike. They have become a virtual company. They are simply a brand and marketing with everything else outsourced.

Avroman
11-10-2012, 06:02 AM
How about the name "The Walking Dead"? or has that already been taken by Pinnacle?

Phuz
11-10-2012, 06:37 AM
Sounds very similar to Nike. They have become a virtual company. They are simply a brand and marketing with everything else outsourced.

And Nike is one of those companies business schools love to 'teach' about.

DASH8AV8R
11-10-2012, 07:17 AM
Piedmont!!

rickair7777
11-10-2012, 07:55 AM

Yes.

Supposedly they have already begun operations.

??? Nothing has changed, regionals will bid and fly anything which pays enough and the choice of branding is up to the mainline partner. "American Egale" never was a unique identity, it was just express branding which was created and owned by AMR.

Utter BS. All it takes to outsource mainline flying is scope relaxation.

You seem to have a very confused perception of what a brandname or trademark is...hint: it doesn't guarantee stable, lucrative, lifetime employment for labor.

Here is the next greatest nothing...this is what happens to senior regional labor groups, it's their normal lifecycle.

If you don't like your scope language, change it. But it's going to be legally difficult for the company to "re-interpret" existing contractual language after years of compliance.

There's nothing to fight, other than to get the best scope you can. Nothing is going to stop airlines from outsourcing ground labor if that saves them money...those folks are relatively easy to replace.

Pilots (and to a lesser extent mechanics) are a riskier proposition...its takes so long to train them (I'm just talking FAR/OPSPEC mandated company training) that I doubt any mainline would really outsource it's mainline pilot group (threaten to, yes). If they outsource all of their pilots to one company, now that company has them by the cajones, and the pilot group has the outsource company by the stones. Nothing would be any different, except there would be a middle-man skimming off the profits.

The thing to watch out for is outsourcing of mainline international flying to "codeshare" partners, not to regional pilots.

HSLD
11-10-2012, 09:18 AM

Executive, Chaparral, Wings West.......

atrdriver
11-10-2012, 09:39 AM
American Emu.

Kind of prophetic, really.

mooney
11-10-2012, 09:58 AM
I heard they bought the rights to the Colgan name from Pinnacle. I heard it from a check airman who's sister's friend works in corporate.

atrdriver
11-10-2012, 10:07 AM
I heard they bought the rights to the Colgan name from Pinnacle. I heard it from a check airman who's sister's friend works in corporate.

Heard the same from my roommate's drug dealer who has a cousin that works the ramp in MEM.

Moonwolf
11-10-2012, 10:17 AM
Heard the same from my roommate's drug dealer who has a cousin that works the ramp in MEM.

Your roommate does drugs? You gotta be careful being a pilot and all.

atrdriver
11-10-2012, 10:47 AM
Your roommate does drugs? You gotta be careful being a pilot and all.

Someone's sarcasm detector is INOP.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/20587444.jpg

blastoff
11-10-2012, 11:01 AM
A new low for the regional industry. Not only will they impersonate mainlines; now they'll impersonate other regionals

Not "new." ExpressJet WAS Continental Express Airlines, Inc. Then CHQ began to "impersonate."

Avroman
11-10-2012, 11:02 AM
And Nike is one of those companies business schools love to 'teach' about.

Of course, it is a near perfect model. Almost no overhead, all profits. As long as you (or others) don't do things to damage the brand image or have a product that becomes obosolete, you are basically sleeping your way to the bank.

evilboy
11-10-2012, 12:07 PM
Comair.....just became available, has a nice ring to it, and is great for airlines that will be dissapearing soon.

FlyJSH
11-10-2012, 04:33 PM

Are the pre ALPA work rules included in the deal?

Flyby1206
11-10-2012, 05:25 PM
I thought it was decided a few years ago that Liberty Airlines would be the new name?

TBucket
11-10-2012, 05:33 PM
Bendovair?

supersix-4
11-10-2012, 05:34 PM
suprised nobody has said "republic" yet.. ;) or how about causing a thread closure by saying "GoJets"

EatMyPropwash
11-10-2012, 06:04 PM
How about XgoTrans'TaquaSilverEagleWestMesaJet'Mont AirwayLines...

Paid2fly
11-10-2012, 07:08 PM

You forgot Wings West, and Executive.

buddies8
11-10-2012, 07:22 PM
you forgot Command, Air Virginia and Nashville.

blakman7
11-10-2012, 08:36 PM
Comair.....just became available, has a nice ring to it, and is great for airlines that will be dissapearing soon.

Yeah that wasn't in bad taste or anything...

FSUpilot
11-10-2012, 08:37 PM

Ive thought of two names myself, "bald eagle airlines" & " taco airlines" .

Anybody else have ideas?

Bald taco airlines

HalinTexas
11-11-2012, 01:52 AM
JetBlue Express.

Flyby1206
11-11-2012, 05:37 AM

Business Express?

HercDriver130
11-11-2012, 06:22 AM

Those were all eventually rolled into Flagship. :)

HercDriver130
11-11-2012, 06:23 AM
You forgot Wings West, and Executive.

True..............

johnso29
11-11-2012, 07:07 AM
Yeah that wasn't in bad taste or anything...

evilboy is furloughed Comair. I think he is simply trying to find humor in light of the situation. :)

jdlilfan
11-11-2012, 08:16 AM

Not supposedly, more like done deal. The planes are all ready to go for starting ops on 11/15.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i252/jdlilfan/556138_10101054111444132_1921473929_n.jpg

Could "operated by skywest" be any smaller?

BTW, the AMR eagle already has a new name picked, they just want to make people feel more involved and make employees think they are making a difference.

snippercr
11-11-2012, 08:51 AM
Not supposedly, more like done deal. The planes are all ready to go for starting ops on 11/15.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i252/jdlilfan/556138_10101054111444132_1921473929_n.jpg

Could "operated by skywest" be any smaller?

BTW, the AMR eagle already has a new name picked, they just want to make people feel more involved and make employees think they are making a difference.

Sure could. It could be so small and not actually be there. At that point AMERICAN EAGLE pilots would actually be at the controls of an aircraft painted AMERICAN EAGLE.

usmc-sgt
11-11-2012, 09:00 AM
JetBlue Express.

...I hope not.

JetMonkey
11-11-2012, 10:20 AM
Here's another interesting biz tid-bit. The Coca-Cola company. They don't actually make coke.

They make the concentrate, and sell that to the bottlers. Then THEY mix it and make it, bottle it, and truck it to the stores..

JamesNoBrakes
11-11-2012, 11:06 AM
Here's another interesting biz tid-bit. The Coca-Cola company. They don't actually make coke.

They make the concentrate, and sell that to the bottlers. Then THEY mix it and make it, bottle it, and truck it to the stores..

Profit in the beverage industry from the manufacturers like Coca Cola to the wholesalers is just ridiculous. I worked for a beverage company and they did a good job of treating their employees right (union job). When you think about a 20oz bottle and that it costs $1.50 or more, it literally costs just a few cents for the contents and bottle, at MOST, sometimes more like fractions of a cent. The overhead is low, the profit is high, the market is usually pretty good, so it's a win-win situation.

N927EV
11-11-2012, 03:08 PM
BOHICA fits well.

Golden Bear
11-11-2012, 04:14 PM
Sure could. It could be so small and not actually be there. At that point AMERICAN EAGLE pilots would actually be at the controls of an aircraft painted AMERICAN EAGLE.

Does anyone else see the cosmic irony in this statement?

*(I'm guessing American pilots would.)

450knotOffice
11-12-2012, 08:45 AM
Does anyone else see the cosmic irony in this statement?

*(I'm guessing American pilots would.)

Well, we might if the jets had AMERICAN AIRLINES painted on them and were bare aluminum with just a red, white, and blue window stripe, but they aren't and they don't

Alex14
11-12-2012, 10:29 AM
I was browsing through some pictures at LAX and came across a picture with an AE jet in the background, which had its tail painted white. Here's the link. Its a little tough to see, but it is in the background. Just wondering if this is related to AE changing their name? Photos: Boeing 747-47UF/SCD Aircraft Pictures | Airliners.net (http://www.airliners.net/photo/Polar-Air-Cargo/Boeing-747-47UF-SCD/2185540/L/&sid=e2491f6c19a49f1b16ce8a4628acebaa)

amcnd
11-12-2012, 10:37 AM
All they have to do is add a "operated by xxxxx "sticker next to the door. I don't think they will be painting planes. (Just look at SkyWest "Eagle" ones)

I think they should use "Wings West" again.... Oh wait... "Simmions" would be more fitting with the MIA retreat....

snippercr
11-12-2012, 11:21 AM
I was browsing through some pictures at LAX and came across a picture with an AE jet in the background, which had its tail painted white. Here's the link. Its a little tough to see, but it is in the background. Just wondering if this is related to AE changing their name? Photos: Boeing 747-47UF/SCD Aircraft Pictures | Airliners.net (http://www.airliners.net/photo/Polar-Air-Cargo/Boeing-747-47UF-SCD/2185540/L/&sid=e2491f6c19a49f1b16ce8a4628acebaa)

Nope, thats the one Eva Air played "spin the Embraer" at ORD. Its been flying out in LAX for a little bit.

sandrich
11-12-2012, 12:14 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ljJR6.jpg

Poprocket
11-13-2012, 06:46 AM
Texas Air.

"Regional Airline of the new Republic of Texas!"

Senior Skipper
11-13-2012, 09:16 AM
Texas Air.

"Regional Airline of the new Republic of Texas!"

Texas de Brazil?

...for all the Embraers:D

SVTCobra
11-13-2012, 10:45 AM
American Express....Guessing that might be taken by someone else. :rolleyes:

EatMyPropwash
11-14-2012, 09:34 PM
New name ... hmmm... I'm going with Frank Lorenzo air.

JamesNoBrakes
11-14-2012, 10:13 PM
New name ... hmmm... I'm going with Frank Lorenzo air.

Make it classy:

LorenzAir

EatMyPropwash
11-14-2012, 10:17 PM
Make it classy:

LorenzAir

That works. Deal. Sold. LorenzAir.

propsync
11-14-2012, 11:57 PM
No dog here, but could you all do me a favor? Focus a little more on the numbers in your check than the name on the plane. Not trying to insult at all. Change is the game these days. Keep getting paid though it all. Good luck.

proletariatav8r
11-15-2012, 01:36 PM
I think ACA (Atlantic Coast Airlines) for the new heads in the room or Independence Airlines is available if Comair or Skyway's doesn't have the right ring to it.

Pilot7
11-15-2012, 07:31 PM
BusinessExpress