Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ameriflight

Old 08-03-2012, 08:49 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Dec 2010
Position: 767 FO
Default Flight Benefits?

I will be attending the August 13th training class and had a few questions.

Firstly, does Ameriflight have flight benefits with Southwest? Specifically, can employees "list" themselves as non-revenue/standy passengers on the manifest and actually ride in the back? When I spoke with Sheri Hudson during the phone interview she made it sound like this was true. However, from what I see here on the forums it sounds like it is only a jumpseat agreement.

Secondly, most airlines who provide their employees with flight benefits allow for unmarried individuals to have a designated flying "partner" who can also utilize the privileges to ride as a non-revenue/standby passenger. Does Ameriflight offer such priviliges?

Thanks guys/gals!
Old 08-03-2012, 10:13 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2012

Originally Posted by Vidra View Post
Firstly, does Ameriflight have flight benefits with Southwest? Specifically, can employees "list" themselves as non-revenue/standy passengers on the manifest and actually ride in the back? When I spoke with Sheri Hudson during the phone interview she made it sound like this was true. However, from what I see here on the forums it sounds like it is only a jumpseat agreement.
These types of agreements are reciprocal in nature. I have never heard of passes being used by Ameriflight employees. Ameriflight really does not have anything to offer in return. The jumpseat is generally a one way agreement with very little opportunity for the SWA pilots to use Ameriflight. I just flew with a guy that wanted to use Ameriflight but their dispatch turned him down because he didn't call at least 24 hours prior. He called 18 hours prior. He was going to call our union to let them know.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:55 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: 'Bus Driver Right Seat

Originally Posted by OnMyWay View Post
PDX would work too! Thanks for the info and I'll PM you when I get all my questions in order.
We just had an opening for a Be99 pilot out of BFI. If a bid went out; that means that no one had a standing in for that base.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:59 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by SWAblue View Post
These types of agreements are reciprocal in nature. I have never heard of passes being used by Ameriflight employees. Ameriflight really does not have anything to offer in return. The jumpseat is generally a one way agreement with very little opportunity for the SWA pilots to use Ameriflight. I just flew with a guy that wanted to use Ameriflight but their dispatch turned him down because he didn't call at least 24 hours prior. He called 18 hours prior. He was going to call our union to let them know.
Can you PM me with the details about what happened (date, time, from-to, flt #)? I can forward the incident to our Flight Dept. If there wasn't an weight issue with the flight, the dispatcher should have let your buddy on.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:03 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Secondly, most airlines who provide their employees with flight benefits allow for unmarried individuals to have a designated flying "partner" who can also utilize the privileges to ride as a non-revenue/standby passenger. Does Ameriflight offer such priviliges?

Thanks guys/gals!
No, just as SWABlue said, he have a reciprocal with SWA for pilots only. We are not a traditional airline in the sense that we can have friends jumpseat on our flights.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:05 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2010
Position: B-737

Originally Posted by SWAblue View Post
I hope this was just a misunderstanding, Southwest has been nothing but completly welcoming with anytime I have jumped.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:11 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2010
Position: B-737

I will be attending the August 13th training class and had a few questions.

Thanks guys/gals!
We can jumseat on Southwest and you typically call before you show to list yourself on the flight then check in with the gate agent to list for the jumpseat. If there is space in the back you will get a seat in the back, if not you will have to sit in the jumpseat.

Ameriflight has no flight benifits.

Since Ameriflight is CASS approved you may be able to fly or jumpseat on other airlines, but it depends on the airline and if the captain is willing to accept you.

Good luck in training!
Old 08-07-2012, 08:12 AM
Apteryx

Joined APC: Jan 2010

Originally Posted by cfouriv View Post
I hope this was just a misunderstanding, Southwest has been nothing but completly welcoming with anytime I have jumped.
Too bad this guy had a bad experience. Although it doesn't happen every day, SWA pilots DO jump on AMF -- many of them former AMF pilots. As is the case with SWA or any airline jumpseat agreement, jumpseaters may be bumped by higher-priority jumpseaters . . . or in the case of AMF's smaller aircraft, due to weight restrictions. AMF, like most airlines, won't bump revenue cargo or high-priority company personnel to accommodate another airline's jumpseater. SWA has been pleasant and generous with AMF jumpseaters, but they, too, sometimes have to bump someone.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:40 AM
Apteryx

Joined APC: Jan 2010

Originally Posted by Slats View Post
Odds are likely to improve because of a worsening ratio between available, qualified pilots and demand for them among Part 121 carriers.

There are thousands of qualified candidates within the regional world with Jet PIC. There really is no "worsening ratio". Now, you can leave Ameriflight and come to the regionals and gain more experience in jet aircraft, FMS, 121 and real crew environment rather than with someone who's paying play.[/QUOTE]
Re "worsening ratio," give it a few more years. Between the effect of the "age 65" bridge going away, relatively few commercial-instrument-mulit folks joining the workforce, and probable effects of the recent Public Rule and associated pilot qualification NPRM, the available pilot line is going to slope increasingly downard, while the pilot need line is sloping upward.
Old 08-07-2012, 06:54 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Putting them back in their place!!!

I was wondering if anyone can PM me the details about their Ameriflight Interview. Whether it was in the past or recently, any help would be appreciated. I will be interviewing soon.