Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ameriflight

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 09:06 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2013

Originally Posted by own nav View Post
Yup, I've seen it a couple times where guys go straight from the EMB right seat to the BE99 in SLC, and then a few months later they were on their way to another base for a type rating. It also seemed to work out fairly well on the seniority side of things where everything is based on your date of hire regardless of what you're flying.
What do FO's make at AMF? Is it livable? I think i'm better off just waiting till i hit 1200 so i can go straight into the left seat. Thats if i get the job of course...
Old 12-06-2013, 01:51 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2013

Whats the chance of a new hire being able to get their desired base? I have family that live 3 miles from KOMA. Would be great to not have to pay much rent. I am just shy of 1200 but will apply soon for the PA31/BE99.
Also, iv looked at the route map what kind of hours do KOMA guys average a week? Seems like shorter routes...
Old 12-07-2013, 04:11 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

Originally Posted by DaCat1989 View Post
What do FO's make at AMF? Is it livable? I think i'm better off just waiting till i hit 1200 so i can go straight into the left seat. Thats if i get the job of course...
Bro FOs make $23670/yr. You can also plan to be in the 120 for one year, even if you go over 1200 hours during that time.

Originally Posted by Aviator89 View Post
Whats the chance of a new hire being able to get their desired base? I have family that live 3 miles from KOMA. Would be great to not have to pay much rent. I am just shy of 1200 but will apply soon for the PA31/BE99.
Also, iv looked at the route map what kind of hours do KOMA guys average a week? Seems like shorter routes...
If you get direct into the 99 I would think you have a real good shot at OMA if you want it. I don't know how many of their runs are OMA based and how many are out stationed. A lot of UPS runs are domiciled away from the main base because they start and end the week at the out station. I can't speak to the specific run information since I have never flown up there.
Old 12-07-2013, 07:22 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2008
Position: 717 Sidekick

The 4 runs are all outstation based. You will have to live in EAR, GRI, HSI, or Broken Bow (BBW?). At least that's the way it was back when I was there a few years ago. Take a look at flight aware to get an idea of the specific times for the runs but essentially you fly into the hub in the evening, rest for a few hours through the night in a crew apartment, then fly back out to your outstation home in the morning. GRI is the only one that was mon night to fri morning. The other three are mon night to sat morning. Great flying experience learning how to deal with cold wx ops in the winter and some crazy storms in the summer. Definitely makes you a better pilot. The mx operation was good out there as well.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:32 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2013

Originally Posted by TMoney View Post
The 4 runs are all outstation based. You will have to live in EAR, GRI, HSI, or Broken Bow (BBW?). At least that's the way it was back when I was there a few years ago. Take a look at flight aware to get an idea of the specific times for the runs but essentially you fly into the hub in the evening, rest for a few hours through the night in a crew apartment, then fly back out to your outstation home in the morning. GRI is the only one that was mon night to fri morning. The other three are mon night to sat morning. Great flying experience learning how to deal with cold wx ops in the winter and some crazy storms in the summer. Definitely makes you a better pilot. The mx operation was good out there as well.
Okay, I have flown in that area alot before. And some guys I have talked to that flew into oneil stay in a hotel there during the day than fly to Omaha I believe. So i assumed that was their base/home.
Old 12-07-2013, 04:10 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2013
Position: E145

I'm OMA based right now… flying the HSI run. We average anywhere from 10 (GRI) to 18-20 (BBW) hours a week. Monday PM to Sat AM. Its not a bad base if your used to the weather! Shoot me a message with any questions!
Old 12-08-2013, 06:21 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2013

Hey everyone, anyone have any info on the atl. or eastern u.s. bases. I live just south of atl.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:11 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2008
Position: PIC

Originally Posted by New Guy 007 View Post
Hey everyone, anyone have any info on the atl. or eastern u.s. bases. I live just south of atl.
Your closest is MIA, which is all type rated airplanes, so you're unlikely to go straight there without previous turbine time and an opening. Same story in CVG. DFW opens to newbies sometimes.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:02 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2007
Position: single pilot cargo, turboprop

Originally Posted by DaCat1989 View Post
First year pay for chieftain or 99 is 28,000, compare that with what buff said for the EMB FO. Again the big advantage to the FO route is that your seniority number will be better. BTW, the payscale for everything else is under airline profiles, top of your screen.

The other consideration is that there are far fewer openings for the EMB FO spot than for the PA31 and BE99 captains.
Old 12-10-2013, 05:34 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2012
Position: 747 FO

Anyone know if the Bro FO position currently being advertised BUR based ?
Originally Posted by own nav View Post
First year pay for chieftain or 99 is 28,000, compare that with what buff said for the EMB FO. Again the big advantage to the FO route is that your seniority number will be better. BTW, the payscale for everything else is under airline profiles, top of your screen.

The other consideration is that there are far fewer openings for the EMB FO spot than for the PA31 and BE99 captains.