Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ameriflight

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 03:04 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2007
Position: single pilot cargo, turboprop

Originally Posted by Jetlife View Post
I fly with 2 guys that made CA at regionals in less than 2 years, it will take a while to get there again but it will.
Sure, I know guys who made captain at Skywest in 2 years. But it wasn't because captains were moving on in a "mass exodus." But rather because the mainline carriers were parking 727s and outsourcing routes like crazy.

I'm sure there's other regionals that can get you in the captain seat in under 2 years (Gojet, Great Lakes), but not the better ones.
Old 07-28-2014, 03:12 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2014

Originally Posted by Yazzoo View Post
If you're a CFI, sitting around 1200 hours, with a job offer from AMF...just build 300 more hours and go to a regional.
I really enjoyed my time at AMF (mainly because of the good people and fun base) but that's all it was, flight time. My final goal is 121/corporate, and I will get there quicker coming from a regional. I left at my first regional offer and have no regrets. AMF management will tell you otherwise..."get 1000 TPIC here...it will make you a better pilot...etc" - but they don't tell you:
1) Majors will hire you with 4000 121 SIC and no PIC...the same can't be said for guys with 1000 135 TPIC and no 121 experience. They are destined to go to the regionals to build that time. So since you will be going to a regional anyways to get the 121 experience, it makes sense to go earlier and get better seniority.
2) Logging lots of single pilot IFR doesn't make you a better aviator, it makes you a better single-pilot IFR operator. Flying a multi-crew jet with lots of glass and automation isn't easier, it's different, and requires a different skill set.
Appreciate the thought and input. From the perspective of that 700-hour CFI looking for his next career move in a few months, this is helpful. Cheers!
Old 07-28-2014, 07:26 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2011
Position: E175, Left

Originally Posted by Flightcap View Post
Appreciate the thought and input. From the perspective of that 700-hour CFI looking for his next career move in a few months, this is helpful. Cheers!
No problem! I wish I had known that before I went to AMF. PM me with any questions.
Old 07-29-2014, 05:33 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jul 2014

Originally Posted by ClarenceOver View Post
at least ill be at a regoinal instead of a crap 135 outfit thats giong nowhere.by the way come up with your own insults instead of piggy backing off someone else. being unoriginal is just pathetic and makes you look retarted.
Not trying to be rude but "retarted" is spelled retarded. It might help to spell correctly so you don't look pathetic or retarded Clarence.....
Old 07-29-2014, 08:44 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jun 2013
Position: Q400 FO

Originally Posted by own nav View Post
The last page of the company seniority list shows the last 15 pilots hired, all in the last two months. 2 PHX, 2 SLC. How do you like those odds?

But then again, that's all past history. If you want current openings, call 1-800-800-4JET, and ask for pilot recruiting. I'm sure it would be worth it just to introduce yourself.
Thanks for the advice called in, and a day later had a phone interview. Sounds like a great place to build some experience. I forgot to ask the recruiter about Health benefits though. Whats the current Health benifits for married no children? Cost per paycheck? Coverage?

Thanks again for all the help!
Old 07-29-2014, 08:46 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Nov 2013

Originally Posted by PDXFlying View Post
Not trying to be rude but "retarted" is spelled retarded. It might help to spell correctly so you don't look pathetic or retarded Clarence.....
no thanks im good. this isnt an english class.
Old 07-30-2014, 03:48 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

Originally Posted by ArrJay View Post
Thanks for the advice called in, and a day later had a phone interview. Sounds like a great place to build some experience. I forgot to ask the recruiter about Health benefits though. Whats the current Health benifits for married no children? Cost per paycheck? Coverage?

Thanks again for all the help!
I'm paying $191 per pay period for just my wife and I. It may vary depending on where you live. The primary company (Blue Cross/Blue Shield) is in CA with subsidiaries in other states. Some are HMO, some PPO, etc.

I don't remember the actual coverage costs though I do know we pay a $20 co-pay for a visit to our primary doctor.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:47 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2007
Position: single pilot cargo, turboprop

$250 individual deductible I believe.
Old 07-30-2014, 03:04 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jun 2013
Position: Q400 FO

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr View Post
Quote:

I'm paying $191 per pay period for just my wife and I. It may vary depending on where you live. The primary company (Blue Cross/Blue Shield) is in CA with subsidiaries in other states. Some are HMO, some PPO, etc.

I don't remember the actual coverage costs though I do know we pay a $20 co-pay for a visit to our primary doctor.
$191 every 2 weeks? Ouch. That means first year monthly take home is around 1800 mo? Anyone have enough time for supplemental income?
Old 07-30-2014, 06:47 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: the right side

Originally Posted by ArrJay View Post
$191 every 2 weeks? Ouch. That means first year monthly take home is around 1800 mo? Anyone have enough time for supplemental income?
But you're building turbine PIC, so yeah, I mean, that's compensation right?