Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ameriflight

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2015, 07:03 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

Originally Posted by JediCheese View Post
I'm wondering how hard up AMF is for pilots. Specifically, I would be looking for a part time job out of PHX (would need to be based in station).

A little background: I'm in PHX working in IT and have gotten the itch to get back into flying. I took the ATP written before the rules changed last year and will be getting back into flying to get my ATP. I haven't flown since 2010 but have 2300 TT, 100 IFR, and will have 50 multi when I finish my ATP (~25 multi hours flown in 2015 toward the ATP). I was a CFI/CFII/MEI with no previous 135 experience.

Would they be interested or am I wasting everyone's time by applying. I would have to have something part time to work around my current job (say 2-3 days a week).
Most of the time when we have had part time guys they were full time and left, generally for another job, and elected to stay on PTOC. (Part Time on Call) I don't know if we have ever hired anyone directly into a part time position. That being said, we do need pilots and it wouldn't hurt to contact the recruiting department.
Old 01-25-2015, 06:27 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2015

Anybody in the piper upgrade program? Any info?
Old 02-08-2015, 02:17 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2015

Hi guys,

I am considering AMF. I have had it working for the regionals and have a few questions for current pilots. Please let me know (anyone) that I can PM these to?

Thank you
Old 02-08-2015, 09:55 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2013
Position: die Pilotin

What are your questions?
Old 02-13-2015, 09:02 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2015
Position: Ball Turret Gunner
Default So Ameriflight

24 yo m with 2200 total time. ATP 900 multi, 1000 ish PIC. 300 turbine 135 experience and 121 experience in E 175. Left flying to work in the Texas oil fields that are now laying off so going back to flying and insist on sticking with it. Grass is not greener always outside the cockpit i.e..( Job security with oil prices) but i just had to try roughnecking for a while. Looking at PSA MESA Republic or Ameriflight. Only advantage with Ameriflight is I think i qualify for Left seat positions rather quickly. looks like you can earn pic turbine hours quicker than 121. I flew a Lear 55 down to Alpine Texas and helped a 99 pilot jump the plane cause he left the master on while waiting for UPS truck. He seamed to like the company and the pilot group. Sounds like an enjoyable experience. Let me know what you think
Old 02-15-2015, 07:44 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2007
Position: single pilot cargo, turboprop

Originally Posted by milehighskyline View Post
24 yo m with 2200 total time. ATP 900 multi, 1000 ish PIC. 300 turbine 135 experience and 121 experience in E 175. Left flying to work in the Texas oil fields that are now laying off so going back to flying and insist on sticking with it. Grass is not greener always outside the cockpit i.e..( Job security with oil prices) but i just had to try roughnecking for a while. Looking at PSA MESA Republic or Ameriflight. Only advantage with Ameriflight is I think i qualify for Left seat positions rather quickly. looks like you can earn pic turbine hours quicker than 121. I flew a Lear 55 down to Alpine Texas and helped a 99 pilot jump the plane cause he left the master on while waiting for UPS truck. He seamed to like the company and the pilot group. Sounds like an enjoyable experience. Let me know what you think
You've been part 121, so you have a good idea of what to expect on the pay there. The Ameriflight payscales are updated on this website (34K for PA31 and BE99, 45K for the Metro first year). You don't get per diem for normal assignments.

I'm sure, with a resume like that, they can offer you a 99 or possibly even a Metro to start. It will be a junior base, most likely Central or Eastern time zone. If you want a western base, the progression is a little slower, but in many cases, you can still be in a Metro in a year.

At any rate, don't take the transition lightly, that goes both ways (135 and 121). The Metro is particularly a hand full. I think a lot of people would recommend flying the BE99 first, get to know the company and the routines, then the transition to Metro will be easier because you can just focus on the plane.

I personally like flying cargo as opposed to my PAX flying experience because, for the most part, I do my thing without much micromanaging from above. I also didn't care much for "putting on a show" for passengers day in and day out. Some day I might go back to flying passengers, but they'll have to pay me a lot more to do it.
Old 02-16-2015, 05:05 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Sep 2011

Originally Posted by own nav View Post
You've been part 121, so you have a good idea of what to expect on the pay there. The Ameriflight payscales are updated on this website (34K for PA31 and BE99, 45K for the Metro first year). You don't get per diem for normal assignments.

I'm sure, with a resume like that, they can offer you a 99 or possibly even a Metro to start. It will be a junior base, most likely Central or Eastern time zone. If you want a western base, the progression is a little slower, but in many cases, you can still be in a Metro in a year.

At any rate, don't take the transition lightly, that goes both ways (135 and 121). The Metro is particularly a hand full. I think a lot of people would recommend flying the BE99 first, get to know the company and the routines, then the transition to Metro will be easier because you can just focus on the plane.

I personally like flying cargo as opposed to my PAX flying experience because, for the most part, I do my thing without much micromanaging from above. I also didn't care much for "putting on a show" for passengers day in and day out. Some day I might go back to flying passengers, but they'll have to pay me a lot more to do it.
^agreed. Amf is offering hiring bonuses and the allegiant upgrade program as well. They're attempting to get the airline staffed to start pushing for a 4 on 3 off schedule. Good things are coming...
Old 02-16-2015, 05:55 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2013
Position: die Pilotin

Originally Posted by capnkirk View Post
...airline staffed to start pushing for a 4 on 3 off schedule. Good things are coming...
I only averaged 53hrs/month working 6 days a week (Monday pm - Saturday am). 4 on 3 off would put me around 40hrs/month! Great way to build time, though over three years that does almost give you the required 1500AMF total time for an allegiant interview .
Old 02-16-2015, 06:42 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: the right side

Originally Posted by capnkirk View Post
^agreed. Amf is offering hiring bonuses and the allegiant upgrade program as well. They're attempting to get the airline staffed to start pushing for a 4 on 3 off schedule. Good things are coming...
The Allegiant preferential interview agreement, with higher minimums than Allegiant is advertising for a street application.
Old 02-17-2015, 05:19 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2013

Originally Posted by KSCessnaDriver View Post
The Allegiant preferential interview agreement, with higher minimums than Allegiant is advertising for a street application.
I have a buddy who has been trying to get in touch with the CP for months now to get his application in to Allegiant with no luck. He is unable to apply like anyone else would, so he is stuck. Higher minimums than Allegiant is even looking for on their own website. Plus I have to wonder how much of a conflict of interest it is to be hurting for pilots, and further reducing the pilot population at AMF by sending them to Allegiant...