Search
Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ameriflight

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2016, 02:23 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: May 2016

Any recent pilots that have gone through the training. Can you tell me if theres a test in the beginning or at the end, and if so how was it?
Old 06-25-2016, 02:26 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2015

How many hours are most first officers flying per year at Ameriflight?
Old 06-27-2016, 01:58 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Feb 2014
Position: 747 First Officer

Originally Posted by astofila View Post
Any recent pilots that have gone through the training. Can you tell me if theres a test in the beginning or at the end, and if so how was it?
Pretty straightforward. Before I left they were doing a test at the beginning of indoc to find where your skills/knowledge are. Then a basic indoc test, open note, after the first week of class is all done. Then a written take home quiz for when you complete ground school. All the tests were multiple choice. This is what I experienced before I left, someone else on here might be able to update that for you...
Old 06-27-2016, 01:59 PM
On Reserve

Originally Posted by 80knts View Post
How many hours are most first officers flying per year at Ameriflight?
Normally depends on the run. Some were pretty high time, some not so much. I flew BFI to PSC and back Monday through Friday and flew just under 2 hours each day.
Old 06-27-2016, 03:17 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2009

Are you guaranteed 2 days off a week - in a row? How many people commute into base?
Old 06-27-2016, 04:20 PM
On Reserve

Originally Posted by mtbthis View Post
Are you guaranteed 2 days off a week - in a row? How many people commute into base?
Depends on the run and staffing, sometimes I worked 6 days a week, other times 5 days a week. But 5 was normally common. No one commuted in...unless you mean commuting down I-5 every morning for 10 minutes.
Old 06-27-2016, 09:34 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jun 2016

Hi there,

Starting my 99 training in July here and couple quick questions...
By chance does anyone know what my possible routes would be out of PDX?
Does all of the training happen in Dallas?
Also, how long does the company normally give you to move after training is complete?

Thanks in advance, excited to join the team!
Old 06-28-2016, 06:22 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

Originally Posted by FlatHat View Post
Hi there,

Starting my 99 training in July here and couple quick questions...
By chance does anyone know what my possible routes would be out of PDX?
Does all of the training happen in Dallas?
Also, how long does the company normally give you to move after training is complete?

Thanks in advance, excited to join the team!
I'm not familiar with the PDX routes, so I can't help with that part.

All of your ground training (Indoc, aircraft ground and sims) will be in Dallas. Your flight training will be where ever they have training captains available. If you are going to PDX there is a good chance you could actually train there, but I'm not guaranteeing it.

We try to give you up to a week to move. But it may not be immediately after your check ride, depending on staffing. Once you are getting close to complete, you should check with the ACP for your base to get a better handle on that.
Old 06-28-2016, 06:29 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

Originally Posted by mtbthis View Post
Simple answer -- No. The only guarantee is 24 hours off in 7 days based on the regulations.

That being said, most runs do have over 48 hours off built into them. Will that be two calendar days? Maybe, maybe not. Lots of UPS runs operate from Monday evening through Saturday morning. So you have a weekend that has most of Saturday off, all of Sunday and most of the day Monday.

But if staffing requires that you go TDY to cover a run at another base for a week, you might actually travel out on Sunday and back on Saturday. If we can get staffed up the way we should be, then that type of week will become less and less common.

Commuting is discouraged, but not prohibited. If you do commute, you are required by the GOM to be at your duty station no less than 4 hours prior to your scheduled show time. There is no grace for not making your show time because you got bumped off of a flight.
Old 06-29-2016, 12:37 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: May 2016

Just received my BE99 training supplements in the mail today. WOW very overwhelming of just everything at once, (like getting hit in the face with a fire hose). Any former AMF 99 drivers here that went through training that can say how it was and if they make it easy with all the new info that you have to learn, also what are the important items to look at extra carefully. starting training 7/11.