Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ameriflight

Old 12-06-2016, 09:30 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2007
Position: single pilot cargo, turboprop

Originally Posted by sobo View Post
On the note about the scab thing, the teamsters are investigating about that...

They basically assume all who worked off the DHL ramp in CVG had crossed the picket line according to my teamsters friends. Not sure what kind of determination they will make, if any.
Ya know, I recieved a phone call that day from a mutual friend of mine and Jetlife. It was precautionary, educational, and well intentioned. I called the number he gave me, cleared my flying (which was not out of CVG and therefore not of any concern to the union). I had peace of mind, and I thank my friend.

Do you read Jetlife's comments the same way? I think not.
Old 12-06-2016, 10:18 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Call me a cheerleader, say I'm looking though rose colored glasses, blah blah. There are certain things that are what they are. We fly old planes, we don't have a Union, our former owner agreed with the terms of a third party who proposed an agreement for a time building program in our right seat, and we still honor that agreement. There is also a pilot shortage going on, which ( especially this time of year) affects our QOL.

On the other hand, we have a new owner and management. They have increased our pay significantly, and have steadily brought in planes for GPS upgrades. Are we going to spit on them for their efforts? Is countering false notions from Trolls a bad thing? Let's think about it folks.
Old 12-06-2016, 04:39 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Nov 2015

Does any one know what's the Daily schedule run like in Cincinnati, for the metro? Home every night?
Old 12-06-2016, 05:16 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Rvspilot View Post
Does any one know what's the Daily schedule run like in Cincinnati, for the metro? Home every night?
It is one of the harder schedules. Very early show times, late returns, get your legal rest at the outstation. Lots of high time runs.
Old 12-06-2016, 05:22 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: the right side

Originally Posted by own nav View Post
It is one of the harder schedules. Very early show times, late returns, get your legal rest at the outstation. Lots of high time runs.
Not to mention a 24 hour or so sit in the outstation on sunday nights. Basically you're "home" in CVG from friday night until sunday afternoon. If you're doing the DHL flying. The LMI flying was a bit better schedule, but numerous long days for the 227 guys.
Old 12-06-2016, 06:52 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Nov 2015

So you basically do the run starting Sunday and get back to Cvg Friday, without getting back home in between for that specific run? Are there others runs out of Cvg that get you back home every night?
Old 12-06-2016, 10:24 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

Originally Posted by Rvspilot View Post
So you basically do the run starting Sunday and get back to Cvg Friday, without getting back home in between for that specific run? Are there others runs out of Cvg that get you back home every night?
Technically you get home every night except Sunday. But that "being home" is from about midnight till 4AM. So depending on how far you live from the base, you really aren't home. If we can ever get the staffing, then that run becomes a Su-Tu and W-F run with two pilots. They had it that way for a while recently until one of them quit.

The LMI runs aren't home every night either. Often you are out for a few days at a time.
Old 12-07-2016, 11:40 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2016

Another announcement, we now have a reciprocal with Horizon.

To date we have the following: Horizon, Fedex, UPS, Southwest, Virgin America, Skywest (at least DBA Alaska, and Delta Connect), Atlas/Polar, Mokulele, Western Global, Allegiant Air, Seaborne, Southern Air, and Spirit
Old 12-08-2016, 06:01 PM
CFIing

Joined APC: Sep 2016

Where do most pilots from Ameriflight get hired?
Old 12-08-2016, 06:22 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by jrav8r View Post
Where do most pilots from Ameriflight get hired?
Regionals, corporate jobs, air ambulance, mostly. Allegiant, Atlas, Frontier, OMNI will hire a few.