Search
Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ameriflight

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 08:25 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2012

Wait a minute. Guys PAYING to fly in the RIGHT SEAT are logging pic time??
Old 07-12-2012, 10:26 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2005
Position: Swivel Chair

Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck View Post
Wait a minute. Guys PAYING to fly in the RIGHT SEAT are logging pic time??
Hey, you can put anything "you" want in "your" log book. The only FAR requirement is the aeronautical experience to demonstrate compliance with the requirements for the issuance of a certificate or rating under FAR Part 61 and recency of expeirence.

Now, how others view what you have written down, say when applying for a job, that's another story.

TransMach
Old 07-12-2012, 10:43 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2012

Originally Posted by TransMach View Post
Hey, you can put anything "you" want in "your" log book. The only FAR requirement is the aeronautical experience to demonstrate compliance with the requirements for the issuance of a certificate or rating under FAR Part 61 and recency of expeirence.

Now, how others view what you have written down, say when applying for a job, that's another story.

TransMach
Lol ya I guess that's true hey? It just sounds like a mind blowing scam. I assure you I would not be hiring someone who had a history of logging pic time from the right seat using the guise of "well I was the pf..."

I remember some guy was trying to sell me cheap twin hours ($75 an hour) on a Seneca. When I got to the bottom of it, turned out that the pf as well as the Pnf (safety pilot...heard of this before, though I still think its totally ridiculous) logged pic...but it didn't stop there. This guy trying to sell it to me sat in the back and and logged pic too. His rationale was that he knew all the areas you were flying into, and he was there to make sure you did not bust any procudures at unfamiliar aerodromes needless to say, that was the last I talked to him...
Old 07-12-2012, 09:24 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2012
Position: C182 Captain

How hard is the 50 hour multi engine time requirement? I am coming up on my 1200 hour part 135 minimums but don't have any multiengine time yet. Any chance of getting hired with only 6-8 hours ME?
Old 07-13-2012, 04:39 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2008
Position: PIC

Originally Posted by Redstone256 View Post
How hard is the 50 hour multi engine time requirement? I am coming up on my 1200 hour part 135 minimums but don't have any multiengine time yet. Any chance of getting hired with only 6-8 hours ME?
It's unlikely in this hiring environment, but they have hired pilots with less than 50 in the past. You can always try.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:31 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2007
Position: single pilot cargo, turboprop

Originally Posted by jcrews View Post
When was the most junior pilot in SLC hired? From reading the thread it seems like it is somewhat difficult to get in there?
At the moment, September 2011. That might change where we are expecting a pilot or two to transfer in this month.

If SLC is what you want, put in a standing bid immediately once you are hired. Upgrades to the BE99 can be a little faster if you're willing to go to a base like OMA or BUF.
Old 07-13-2012, 10:02 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2008
Position: 717 Sidekick

Originally Posted by own nav View Post
At the moment, September 2011. That might change where we are expecting a pilot or two to transfer in this month.

If SLC is what you want, put in a standing bid immediately once you are hired. Upgrades to the BE99 can be a little faster if you're willing to go to a base like OMA or BUF.
Be wary!!! I had a standing bid to transfer to SLC while OMA based. Guys less senior to me were being awarded SLC while I was left high and dry in OMA. The company does what it wants and doesn't respect standing bids or seniority. Get some good single pilot IFR time then get out. Life on the outside is sweeeeeeet!!
Old 07-14-2012, 07:13 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck View Post
Lol ya I guess that's true hey? It just sounds like a mind blowing scam. I assure you I would not be hiring someone who had a history of logging pic time from the right seat using the guise of "well I was the pf..."

I remember some guy was trying to sell me cheap twin hours ($75 an hour) on a Seneca. When I got to the bottom of it, turned out that the pf as well as the Pnf (safety pilot...heard of this before, though I still think its totally ridiculous) logged pic...but it didn't stop there. This guy trying to sell it to me sat in the back and and logged pic too. His rationale was that he knew all the areas you were flying into, and he was there to make sure you did not bust any procudures at unfamiliar aerodromes needless to say, that was the last I talked to him...
THAT'S screwed up.

As for the logging part, if a guy is logging "PIC" from the right seat, it doesn't really matter if he is buying time or getting paid for it. It's his/her choice and it's not part 61 PIC.
Old 07-17-2012, 07:07 AM
Apteryx

Joined APC: Jan 2010

Originally Posted by polymox View Post
It's unlikely in this hiring environment, but they have hired pilots with less than 50 in the past. You can always try.
The fundamental issue regarding multi time is the likelihood with which the candidate will make it through training and justify the company's considerable monetary investment in getting them line-qualified. Ameriflight has many years of data showing that folks with less than 50 AMEL are significantly more likely to wash out.
Old 07-17-2012, 07:10 AM
Apteryx

Joined APC: Jan 2010

Originally Posted by TransMach View Post

TransMach
As to "real" time vs "Parker Pen" time in your logbook, the truth usually comes out in training. . . .