Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ameriflight

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2014, 01:08 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

Originally Posted by Gjn290 View Post
So what you're saying is you would rather not have that $150/paycheck? Yeah, you're real smart.

So you're at a regional on year one pay, what's the raise for second year? $6K to $10K, maybe? Then why would you even bother with second year pay, it makes no difference. That's what you're saying. Or is it different because you're flying 121 in a jet? That's how you justify everything.

I guess a raise for the AMF pilots is a step in the wrong direction.
Relax. It's just Kimba spouting his usual.
Old 08-31-2014, 01:10 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by kimba View Post
6000$ more a year it's 500$ more a month, after taxes is about 300$ a month, 150$ every paycheck.
Oh yes big difference, come on, stop complaining!!!
Man, I guess you are rolling in the dough if $6000 per year is no big deal. And if you are losing 40% to payroll taxes, you are living in the wrong state.
Old 08-31-2014, 02:36 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

I have a friend on BE99 he said it came out to $6,000 more annually. That is a pretty substantial raise when you're only making $27,000-$28,000 to begin with.

Would you rather have that extra coin or not?
6000$ more a year it's 500$ more a month, after taxes is about 300$ a month, 150$ every paycheck.
Oh yes big difference, come on, stop complaining!!!
If a person making $28,000/yr just got a $6,000 raise - that person just got a 20% pay raise. If a person is complaining about a 20% pay raise - then that person is just............huh...........I don't know - unusual? I'm not sure that many sane people would complain about a 20% pay raise. If you could be upset at that number - think how much the rest of the world ought to be upset with what USED to be considered a 3% yearly raise (after taxes that is)
Old 08-31-2014, 10:07 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2014

So what you're saying is you would rather not have that $150/paycheck? Yeah, you're real smart.

So you're at a regional on year one pay, what's the raise for second year? $6K to $10K, maybe? Then why would you even bother with second year pay, it makes no difference. That's what you're saying. Or is it different because you're flying 121 in a jet? That's how you justify everything.

I guess a raise for the AMF pilots is a step in the wrong direction.
Actually it was not me to say that but it was one of your pilot: "whatsright". According by the profile a SA 227 pilot, so not the last one on board at AMF!
For sure having it is better than not. Now that they have a 1.80 pay raise we can say an AMF PIC can finally makes the money a Regional FO makes at the first year.
Now, if you go on line and look for Skywest you'll see that the pay scale goes from 22$/hr the first year to 37$/hr, which is an increase of 70%. Yes, that makes the difference!
As far as what is better to fly between AMF planes or Regional, that another thing, we are talking about money here.

By the way I've enjoyed both!
Old 08-31-2014, 10:10 PM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr View Post
Relax. It's just Kimba spouting his usual.
Actually is not only me. Yesterday it was "whatsright".

Everyday the list of AMF pilot not happy with the pay gets longer!
Old 08-31-2014, 10:13 PM
Line Holder

Man, I guess you are rolling in the dough if $6000 per year is no big deal. And if you are losing 40% to payroll taxes, you are living in the wrong state.
Talking about 6000$ like you see them everyday it looks like a big deal, but when you break them down they don't look too much anymore!
Of course it's better than nothing, it's 1.80 more than that.
Old 08-31-2014, 10:19 PM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by USMCFLYR View Post
If a person making $28,000/yr just got a $6,000 raise - that person just got a 20% pay raise. If a person is complaining about a 20% pay raise - then that person is just............huh...........I don't know - unusual? I'm not sure that many sane people would complain about a 20% pay raise. If you could be upset at that number - think how much the rest of the world ought to be upset with what USED to be considered a 3% yearly raise (after taxes that is)
Moderator,
actually the post was made by "whatsright" a Sa227 pilot.
A type rated pilot.
I hope he doesn't make 28,000/yr!

Of course it's better than nothing but when a pay raise comes too late and not enough it may seems an offense more than a raise.
This forum has more and more AMF people that complain about the pay, there's got to be something true!

10,000 regional pilot voted down a new contract, few months ago. Among other things there were a pay raise of mighty 4$/hr (more than twice the raise at AMF).
Guess what, it was voted down by 10,000 huh pilots.
Old 09-01-2014, 12:19 PM
Gets Weekends Off

If "whatsright" got $1.80 per unit raise, that makes him a second year metro pilot. And other than a first year metro pilot, that about 10% pay raise is the lowest percentage increase of any aircraft or seniority level in the company.

BTW, what percentage was that $4/hr that was turned down? Your regional airlines pay isn't based on 160 hours per month. The pay structure at Ameriflight is different than airlines where pay is based on flight hours. So you can't really compare a $1.80/unit raise at AMF to a $4/hr raise at a regional airline.
Old 09-01-2014, 12:24 PM
Gets Weekends Off

This forum has more and more AMF people that complain about the pay, there's got to be something true!
More and more? So far I have seen a couple. And given that most people that are happy with something (be it a pay raise or service at a restaurant) don't usually go out of their way to say something, that doesn't seem to be a big trend to me.

BTW, I have heard of at least one pilot who had given his notice to leave for a regional that has asked to retract that notice since this pay raise was announced. Doesn't sound like the terrible thing you seem to think this is.
Old 09-01-2014, 02:13 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2013
Position: die Pilotin

More and more? So far I have seen a couple. And given that most people that are happy with something (be it a pay raise or service at a restaurant) don't usually go out of their way to say something, that doesn't seem to be a big trend to me.

BTW, I have heard of at least one pilot who had given his notice to leave for a regional that has asked to retract that notice since this pay raise was announced. Doesn't sound like the terrible thing you seem to think this is.
At my base, a majority of the pilots aren't even phased by the raise. Obviously everyone thinks it's nice but those with one foot out the door are just saying "too little, to late." There have been some pretty senior people leaving recently that were not too happy with AMF.