Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ameriflight

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2014, 03:00 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by jonnyjetprop View Post
Are the current BE-99 FO pay for training guys from Eagle Jet or are they regular employees hired as -99 FO's?

There are no 99 FO's that receive pay from AMF. There are probably some right now from Eagle Jet that pay for the privilege to be a FO - but not sure if there are or how many.

Then only paid FO's are in the Brasilia.
Old 12-01-2014, 08:04 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Dec 2014

Originally Posted by 1st2000 View Post
My advice is to talk to the VP. He is a retired military and an easy guy to talk with. He is also a 20 year Capatin from US Airways. Great guy and very informative. His email is: [email protected]
what is his name?
Old 12-02-2014, 07:07 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

Originally Posted by 1st2000 View Post
My advice is to talk to the VP. He is a retired military and an easy guy to talk with. He is also a 20 year Capatin from US Airways. Great guy and very informative. His email is: [email protected]
Originally Posted by flyboyuc123 View Post
what is his name?
Asking about a post from 7 years ago. He is no longer at AMF and hasn't been for about 6 years.

I see you are new to the boards. What info are you interested in that you would want from him? You can PM me if you want to keep it off the board.
Old 12-08-2014, 05:43 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2013

Is there any chance that Ameriflight would hire part time, say 2 days a week to fill in for vacation and pilots bing sick etc. I live in the Bay Area and fly part time 135 for another outfit
Old 12-09-2014, 02:37 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by kiwiflyer View Post
Is there any chance that Ameriflight would hire part time, say 2 days a week to fill in for vacation and pilots bing sick etc. I live in the Bay Area and fly part time 135 for another outfit
Not usually. Most of our part time folks are ones who have flown with us for a while and then stay on part time when they go to a new job. The cost of training is generally too much to make it worth wile to hire some one part time.
Old 12-09-2014, 07:20 PM
Team Chemtrail

Joined APC: Dec 2013
Position: CRJ

Originally Posted by AboveAndBeyond View Post
There are no 99 FO's that receive pay from AMF. There are probably some right now from Eagle Jet that pay for the privilege to be a FO - but not sure if there are or how many.

Then only paid FO's are in the Brasilia.
Privilege??? oh brother
Old 12-13-2014, 07:03 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Oct 2014

Ameriflight was, and still is unable, to staff their normal flights this last half of 2014. Most bases will not be participating in peak season flying as they do not have enough pilots to staff current requirements. I Wonder what is being done in order to keep this place staffed while maintaining safety? 52% of their ENTIRE pilot group has been there less than one year! WOW! Be safe everyone!
Old 12-13-2014, 10:44 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Lasko View Post
Ameriflight was, and still is unable, to staff their normal flights this last half of 2014. Most bases will not be participating in peak season flying as they do not have enough pilots to staff current requirements. I Wonder what is being done in order to keep this place staffed while maintaining safety? 52% of their ENTIRE pilot group has been there less than one year! WOW! Be safe everyone!
Not sure where you are getting your information. Yes, we have subcontracted some runs but that is more due to lack of airframes than pilots. Yes, we are stretched thin with almost every available pilot (including most of the training department) flying on a run. But every base that normally has peak runs has them this year.

And as for half of the pilot group having less than one year with the company, except for the couple of years right after 9/11 when there was very little movement within the industry, for all the time I have been with AMF the bottom half of the seniority list has been with the company between 1 and 1 1/2 years. So this really isn't something we haven't dealt with before.

But I agree with your last statement. Let's keep safe, everyone. No matter who you fly for. The last thing any of us wants is to read a report about a fellow pilot being injured or killed. It is just about this time last year that a friend of mine was in a crash that very nearly killed him. Miraculously (and I mean that literally) he recovered when the doctors were saying he wouldn't.
Old 12-14-2014, 08:47 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2013

Originally Posted by Lasko View Post
Nothing new. AMF is used to operating on razor thin pilot numbers, and a constant revolving door.
Old 12-19-2014, 03:56 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2014
Position: CRJ 700/900

Hey are any of the Brasilia pilots in here or know how well those ol' girls are being taken care of?