Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ameriflight

Old 07-27-2016, 12:56 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2016

Wondering if anyone is in the program for the FO time building in the EMB-120? I am thinking of putting my app in for the FO program to build time till I can upgrade to the 99s or the chiefin. I will be getting my ME Commerical very soon and I will be over 500 hours total. What the likely chance I can be posted out to SEA area because I would like to move down to the PDX once I get the mins for the 135. Additionally what the pay and flight hours being on the EMB-120 like as a FO? Thanks for any help.
Old 07-28-2016, 06:57 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

Originally Posted by Gapilot View Post
Wondering if anyone is in the program for the FO time building in the EMB-120? I am thinking of putting my app in for the FO program to build time till I can upgrade to the 99s or the chiefin. I will be getting my ME Commerical very soon and I will be over 500 hours total. What the likely chance I can be posted out to SEA area because I would like to move down to the PDX once I get the mins for the 135. Additionally what the pay and flight hours being on the EMB-120 like as a FO? Thanks for any help.
The pay listed here on APC is accurate ($31K). If you get based in BFI it won't be the highest flight time, by far. You will be flying back and forth across the mountains 5 days a week, about 2 hours per day max. The run out of CVG is almost twice that.
Old 07-28-2016, 09:32 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2016

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr View Post
The pay listed here on APC is accurate ($31K). If you get based in BFI it won't be the highest flight time, by far. You will be flying back and forth across the mountains 5 days a week, about 2 hours per day max. The run out of CVG is almost twice that.
Thanks frmrbuffdrvr for the info. don't know if you might know it. Amerflight pays is set on monthly salary or are you still paid by the flight hour. I wasn't sure if APC is showing the correct info about income at a job place when it list 31k as yearly salary. Thanks
Old 07-29-2016, 09:23 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

Originally Posted by Gapilot View Post
Thanks frmrbuffdrvr for the info. don't know if you might know it. Amerflight pays is set on monthly salary or are you still paid by the flight hour. I wasn't sure if APC is showing the correct info about income at a job place when it list 31k as yearly salary. Thanks
It's basically salary but it is broken into "units" so that extra flying above a scheduled run can be added. Most runs pay 8 units per day, 40 units per week. If a run has over 8 hours block time in a day (such as a couple runs out of SUS) then it will pay 10 units for that day. There are other instances where you could be paid over the normal 8 units.

But the salary figure is a solid base.
Old 07-31-2016, 10:40 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2016

Hi guys, So I got hired by Ameriflight about 3 weeks ago. They said August class was full so im waiting on Sept. How long before the class do they call you if there is an opening? She said its be seniority. Also, how long is the EMB120 class?
Old 07-31-2016, 04:25 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2016

Originally Posted by dribz View Post
Hi guys, So I got hired by Ameriflight about 3 weeks ago. They said August class was full so im waiting on Sept. How long before the class do they call you if there is an opening? She said its be seniority. Also, how long is the EMB120 class?
That is a difficult question to answer. You probably are in the September slot as we speak but they must be building a class. We have 3 more FO's coming in the in August class with 1 Captain (They do 4 people at a time). However, I think they are stacking crews with a reserve line at this point to eliminate the labor shortage problem they have had at this point. Not sure what seniority has to do with it at this point unless they intend to do some captain transition training.

If you signed the offer letter, chances are you can expect to be in that class. Knowing AMF though, you won't get notice until the week prior. Call weekly to the training department to get information!

Meanwhile, you can call the training department and ask for some study material.

Class was 1 week of indoc, a 1 week break, 2 weeks of ground school, 1 week break, 1.5 weeks of sim training followed by 1 week of IOE.

Call it 2 months time wise. You will receive 40 hours x $9 plus $35x7 per diem regardless of break or no break.
Old 08-05-2016, 11:45 AM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by sobo View Post
That is a difficult question to answer. You probably are in the September slot as we speak but they must be building a class. We have 3 more FO's coming in the in August class with 1 Captain (They do 4 people at a time). However, I think they are stacking crews with a reserve line at this point to eliminate the labor shortage problem they have had at this point. Not sure what seniority has to do with it at this point unless they intend to do some captain transition training.

If you signed the offer letter, chances are you can expect to be in that class. Knowing AMF though, you won't get notice until the week prior. Call weekly to the training department to get information!

Meanwhile, you can call the training department and ask for some study material.

Class was 1 week of indoc, a 1 week break, 2 weeks of ground school, 1 week break, 1.5 weeks of sim training followed by 1 week of IOE.

Call it 2 months time wise. You will receive 40 hours x $9 plus $35x7 per diem regardless of break or no break.

Do you know what the training departments phone number is? They really didnt give me any information when they called me.
Old 08-05-2016, 01:05 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2016

Do you know what the training departments phone number is? They really didnt give me any information when they called me.
Call corporate (On the website) and go through the directory. I believe it's flight ops, then training department.

You can also call recruiting the same way.
Old 08-07-2016, 08:59 AM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by sobo View Post
Call corporate (On the website) and go through the directory. I believe it's flight ops, then training department.

You can also call recruiting the same way.

sweet thanks. last question, by the time I get there (if I get sept) I wouldve been not flying for about a month. I have some hours left to rent a plane and I have a yoke and rudders to practice sim. Should I get that done before I get there? Or if we can go home during the week break, should I wait until the sim profiles?
Old 08-07-2016, 10:46 AM
Contract

Joined APC: Aug 2014
Position: SR22

sweet thanks. last question, by the time I get there (if I get sept) I wouldve been not flying for about a month. I have some hours left to rent a plane and I have a yoke and rudders to practice sim. Should I get that done before I get there? Or if we can go home during the week break, should I wait until the sim profiles?

Good question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk