Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Grand Canyon Airlines/Scenic

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 09:25 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: Seat warmer
Default Grand Canyon Airlines/Scenic

So what do you all know about this outfit? I hear they pack you a lunch before you depart
Old 09-18-2008, 10:22 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Position: hmmmm.....

Originally Posted by Aileron View Post
I hear they pack you a lunch before you depart
I would fly for them just for that fact! hehe
Old 09-18-2008, 12:00 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2007
Position: single pilot cargo, turboprop

I don't know about the sack lunch but you can get your lunch at guano point. The Hualapai's give you a free lunch at Grand Canyon west. Same thing every day: BBQ beef, corn bread, chicken, peach cobbler, etc. It was good the first 50 times.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:19 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: Sitting

They bring in lunches everyday to the Boulder City Airport. If you are flying for Scenic (or GCA in Boulder) then you can grab one on the way out the door. They are typical boxed lunches nothing special.

At GCA a few years back...if you were flying through the lunch hours they would bring you lunch where ever you wanted them to go. There werent a lot of options at the South Rim but it was pretty cool. I still remember splitting a large pizza with the Captain I was flying with and having a hard time opening the box in the cockpit (it was pretty big). They would deliver whatever you ordered (if they could find it in town) to the plane on your quick turns.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:25 PM
Line Holder

Position: Seat warmer

Has anyone worked for them? If so how would you rate it?
Old 09-21-2008, 06:35 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: DHC-6 right seat

Originally Posted by Aileron View Post
Has anyone worked for them? If so how would you rate it?
I'm here now. I would say it's a good place to be. The Otter is a really capable fun airplane to fly. The company seems pretty stable. No talk of bankruptcies or furloughs. Small enough that you get to know the rampers, ticket agents, and some of the mechanics. The view from the office window is pretty good. You're home every night. As previously mentioned the box lunches are appreciated although they are nothing special.

I am very happy to be here now. It's a good company that seems to be trying to do the right things for everyone. However, I do not want to retire here. I do not want to be here in five years. For me it would be a short ladder on the career path and as soon as I can, I think I need to get on a taller ladder.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:46 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Feb 2007

Is there a perferred time of the year to send in a resume?
Old 09-21-2008, 08:17 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Chevy Lumina - Left

Originally Posted by DiputadoVolador View Post
I'm here now. I would say it's a good place to be. The Otter is a really capable fun airplane to fly. The company seems pretty stable. No talk of bankruptcies or furloughs. Small enough that you get to know the rampers, ticket agents, and some of the mechanics. The view from the office window is pretty good. You're home every night. As previously mentioned the box lunches are appreciated although they are nothing special.

I am very happy to be here now. It's a good company that seems to be trying to do the right things for everyone. However, I do not want to retire here. I do not want to be here in five years. For me it would be a short ladder on the career path and as soon as I can, I think I need to get on a taller ladder.
Can you give some insight on pay?
Old 09-22-2008, 05:24 PM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by T2Pilot View Post
Is there a perferred time of the year to send in a resume?
I heard we are done hiring this year. You can apply anytime. The best way to do that is through the website. Scenic Airlines (SCE) - Recruitment

I think the first interviews will be in January or February for a March class. That's my guess anyway.
Old 09-22-2008, 05:28 PM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by bertramcheeks22 View Post
Can you give some insight on pay?
FO pay is 12 per duty hour. Guarantee is 140 hours per month. Or 64.6 hours for the two week pay period. $775 every two weeks. If you work more than that you get paid more. During the summer months May-October plan on working more than guarantee. Possibly 100+ duty hours per pay period.

This thread also has a lot of good info. http://www.airlinepilotforums.com/hi...rs-needed.html