Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

SeaPort Airlines

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 09:31 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Nov 2013

Originally Posted by Natca View Post
They recently terminated a handful of pilots of many reasons....I'd expect any hiring to be for that and standard attrition not growth. From what I'm told at least from the stations that I've been to lately the pc12 is long gone from seaport and will not be coming back. I know in the last year the DO and several chief pilots have turned over aswell for various reasons.

The current DO NM is pretty solid, so like I said I'm my previous post, it sounds like the house cleaning may be for better for the future of the company.

Also a helpful hint for new folks, both current DO and CEO are active participants on this forum. Just a heads up.
'

That is kinda pathetic.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:33 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Originally Posted by ClarenceOver View Post
'

That is kinda pathetic.
So if you become a CP/DO you will leave the forum?
Do you know that their sole purpose is to check up on people?
Old 04-16-2014, 11:40 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Nov 2013

I won't become one. Also i am not too worried about messing up my chances on getting into the right seat of a caravan. Just saying.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:47 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by USMCFLYR View Post
So if you become a CP/DO you will leave the forum?
Do you know that their sole purpose is to check up on people?
Sole purpose, who knows.... Btw add CEO to that list.

But they do check up on people, that is for sure. I know the cp has called several ex employees and asked they stop posting on the forums. Not sure why, ie hurting recruiting etc etc is my best guess but they have been demanding that the company has changed and that what the pilots group had faced in the past is not the case anymore.

Beyond me though, I personally believe in sharing my own experiances there that way someone new has an idea what to expect. If it's better then that great!
Old 04-17-2014, 12:16 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Sole purpose, who knows.... Btw add CEO to that list.

But they do check up on people, that is for sure. I know the cp has called several ex employees and asked they stop posting on the forums. Not sure why, ie hurting recruiting etc etc is my best guess but they have been demanding that the company has changed and that what the pilots group had faced in the past is not the case anymore.

Beyond me though, I personally believe in sharing my own experiances there that way someone new has an idea what to expect. If it's better then that great!
I'm sure many employers will do that.
Maybe the situation has changed.
It seems that on this forum you are sometimes only expected to offer the bads and if those bads are disputed then it is *evil* management trolling the boards.
His point was that a CP/DO (or CEO) ought not be on a pilot's forum.
If I started as a line pilot and rose to whatever ranks within the company - I wouldn't be getting off the forum if I enjoyed the experience simply because I was now something other than a line pilot.

If people had a little bit of sense when it came to social media then it probably owuldn't be a big deal but we see people either emotionally posting or just plain stupid about what they say on the forum quite often.

That is why we suggest the READ your post and give it a moment's thought before you hit the send key.

Clarence -it isn't about being in the right or left seat of a caravan or any other aircraft. The point was that you didn't think that a pilot who a CP or DO should be on this forum.
Old 04-17-2014, 01:45 PM
On Reserve

Position: clear right

They recently terminated a handful of pilots of many reasons....I'd expect any hiring to be for that and standard attrition not growth. From what I'm told at least from the stations that I've been to lately the pc12 is long gone from seaport and will not be coming back. I know in the last year the DO and several chief pilots have turned over aswell for various reasons.

The current DO NM is pretty solid, so like I said I'm my previous post, it sounds like the house cleaning may be for better for the future of the company.

Also a helpful hint for new folks, both current DO and CEO are active participants on this forum. Just a heads up.
A handful of pilots fired? When?

For some, a 135 gig in the right seat of a C208 is a great time and experience builder.

Places change.

You never know who your going to hold back with your review based on personal quibbles.

Not starting an argument, but why not just give a well rounded review.

BTW when did NM become DO?
Old 04-19-2014, 04:20 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2014
Position: FO

Interview is this week sometime. I'll be riding with them to Memphis. Anyone have the profile for this company?
Old 04-19-2014, 07:09 AM
On Reserve

Position: clear right

Where are you doing the interview PDX or MEM?
Old 04-21-2014, 07:51 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2014
Position: FO

Originally Posted by beeteeaye View Post
Where are you doing the interview PDX or MEM?
MEM and I think maybe flying out of Athens
Old 04-21-2014, 11:50 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: 737 FO

Originally Posted by ClarenceOver View Post
I won't become one. Also i am not too worried about messing up my chances on getting into the right seat of a caravan. Just saying.
Not to be an @$$, but you frequently state you have three busted checkrides, maybe you should start sitting in the right seat of a Caravan.