Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Cape Air

Old 08-25-2015, 01:19 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2015
Default Cape air

Originally Posted by Buschpilot92 View Post
Did you get call back yet?
Not yet. It's driving me nuts waiting. Not sure if you are the one that posted the interview experience on aviation interviews, but he hadn't been called either.
Old 08-25-2015, 05:25 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2015

Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
Not yet. It's driving me nuts waiting. Not sure if you are the one that posted the interview experience on aviation interviews, but he hadn't been called either.
Yeah it's bugging me too but my buddy who interviewed said it will take at least a week or two. I'll let you know either way.
Old 08-26-2015, 04:46 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2015

Every member of the Teamsters Airline Division should pay close attention to what Republic's Management is trying to do to the Republic pilot group. Management is attempting to circumvent the bargaining process, and directly send a “contract” to the pilot group for a vote. They are twisting the language of Article XII, Section 1 of the IBT Constitution in order to do this.

Article XII
STRIKES, LOCKOUTS, WAGE SCALES, DISPUTES OVER JURISDICTION
Strike Action by Local Unions
Section 1(a). When any difficulty or dispute arises between the members of any Local Union and their employers, it shall be the duty of the officers of such Local Union to use every possible means of achieving a settlement or resolution of the difficulty or dispute through the processes of collective bargaining.
(b). Agreements shall either be accepted by a majority vote of those members involved in negotiations and voting, or a majority of such members shall direct further negotiations before a final vote on the employer's offer is taken, as directed by the Local Union Executive Board. During negotiations, the Local Union Executive Board may order a secret ballot strike vote to be taken and when, in the judgment of the Local Union Executive Board, an employer has made a final offer of settlement, such offer must be submitted to the involved membership for a secret ballot vote as hereinafter provided;
(1) If at least one half of the members eligible to vote cast valid ballots, then a cumulative majority of those voting in favor of the final offer shall result in acceptance of such offer; and a cumulative majority of those voting against acceptance of the final offer shall authorize a strike without any additional vote being necessary for such strike authorization. In the event of a tie vote on either a motion to accept a final offer or to strike, the Local Union Executive Board shall conduct a second vote. If the result of the second vote is a tie, the Local Union Executive Board shall have the discretion to either accept the final offer or reject the final offer and authorize a strike at such time as it determines.

The company is ignoring various parts of this section. The Local Executive Board did not decide this was a “final offer of settlement,” nor is the company willing to except a strike as the result of a “cumulative majority of those voting against acceptance.” This section of the IBT constitution was not intended for those members who fall under the jurisdiction of the RLA. The company is trying to use only the first half of this paragraph to force a vote.

If Republic management is successful in circumventing the Local’s Executive Board and Negotiating Committee this will set a disastrous precedent for all Airline Division IBT members. What will happen to the negotiating process currently underway at Allegiant or GoJets or any other pilot group? All members need to pay close attention to this and voice their concerns with the IBT Airline Division.

Call 202-624-6848 or 800-635-3961 and let the ALD know how important it is to not let management circumvent the process.
Old 08-27-2015, 03:04 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2014

Just curious if places like Cape air have seen alot of attrition to the regionals lately.
Old 08-27-2015, 06:03 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: Dream Job

Originally Posted by payingdues View Post
Just curious if places like Cape air have seen alot of attrition to the regionals lately.
A lot of fo's were leaving when I was there.

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk
Old 08-31-2015, 05:36 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2015
Default Cape Air

Unfortunately, my wife and I both got the rejection letter today. I believe that is most likely the reason too, we are married.
Old 08-31-2015, 09:21 PM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
Unfortunately, my wife and I both got the rejection letter today. I believe that is most likely the reason too, we are married.
Sorry to hear that.
Old 09-09-2015, 07:45 AM
Line Holder

can anyone tell me what the process is going be like after I sign the employment acceptance letter until I go to training? Are they going to send me a 402 manual or an online study program link? Does cape air pay for your flight back to Boston for training?
Old 09-09-2015, 09:07 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: Dream Job

Originally Posted by Buschpilot92 View Post
can anyone tell me what the process is going be like after I sign the employment acceptance letter until I go to training? Are they going to send me a 402 manual or an online study program link? Does cape air pay for your flight back to Boston for training?
You will do one week of online training and then go to Hyannis for the rest. The link for the manual is online. They will fly you from Boston to Hyannis on a cape air plane but you have to get to Boston on your own.
Old 09-09-2015, 10:39 AM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by tlove482 View Post
You will do one week of online training and then go to Hyannis for the rest. The link for the manual is online. They will fly you from Boston to Hyannis on a cape air plane but you have to get to Boston on your own.
When do you think I will start the online training? My class starts October 26th. Thank you for answering my questions.