Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Avenge

Old 11-15-2009, 12:16 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Sep 2009
Position: King Air 350
Default Avenge

Looking for any information on Avenge, Inc. I know there is some info in the Dynamic/L-3 thread but it's a little hard to sort out. Would like some specifics on how the company operates in regards to its employees...straight from an Avenge employee would be outstanding.
Thanks
Old 11-15-2009, 04:45 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

If you search Avenge - you will find 11 different threads with over 400 posts. the search fundtion will highlight the keyword 'avenge' and should make it easier to pick out threads/posts with information that you may want to read.

USMCFLYR
Old 11-16-2009, 07:13 AM
On Reserve

Originally Posted by USMCFLYR View Post
If you search Avenge - you will find 11 different threads with over 400 posts. the search fundtion will highlight the keyword 'avenge' and should make it easier to pick out threads/posts with information that you may want to read.

USMCFLYR
Yep...it's a great tool and I had used it prior to my post. Didn't find what I was looking for...was hoping to find someone currently working for Avenge to give me a little more info on the company.
Thanks
Old 11-18-2009, 06:01 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2007

What do you want to know. They work right next to me and I know a bunch of their pilots.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:08 AM
On Reserve

Originally Posted by MiserDD View Post
What do you want to know. They work right next to me and I know a bunch of their pilots.
Mainly how the company is to work for...scheduling, travel, how long they spent in the pilot pool before hired, etc. This thread has covered L-3 and Dynamic fairly well...looking for anything that might be different with Avenge.
Thanks
Old 11-19-2009, 05:50 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2007

The scheduling is basically the same. The same guy who designed the AVENGE bid process also did the L3 one. It's based on seniority. You bid from anywhere from 60 to 120 days. The guy I spoke with says he does two 65 day bids per year, and that's it. He said so far (3 years running) no one has said anything to him about it.

Travel is coach (long ride in the back).

The pool is based on CRC (Contractor Replacement Course) availability dates, but don't expect long (less than a month) wait from hire.

The pay is about $15 per day less than L3 to start, but they have seniority increases that cane bring you to about $15-$20 more than the average L3 guy. But L3 offers extra pay for a variety of things also.

AVENGE has is probably second best on living conditions. (Dynamic, Avenge, and last is L3)

The key thing is, get on with who you can. Once one hires you, it's easier to get a job at any of the others.
Old 11-19-2009, 07:42 AM
On Reserve

MiserDD,
Thanks for the quick reply and info. PM sent
Old 02-04-2014, 03:34 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2014

Does anybody have any more current information about Avenge. I wonder if the draw down in Afghanistan is going to effect hiring?
Old 02-04-2014, 06:26 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Nov 2013
Position: 7th green

It already is. L3 isn't sending pilots there anymore, so I hear.
Old 02-04-2014, 07:18 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007

Avenge is hiring like a mofo right now. Down over 50 King Air pilots due to a crap ton of dudes quitting in the fall. It still continues since there is hiring going on in the states.

Originally Posted by Packrat View Post
It already is. L3 isn't sending pilots there anymore, so I hear.