Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Air Choice One

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 01:04 PM

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: B757/767

Originally Posted by stlcfii View Post
They talked about safety and wanting to grow to become like Southwest, but their training program, employees, and overall operating attitude screamed differently. It appears they want young low time pilots that will not tell them no when they tell them to do illegal or unsafe things. They don’t pay you for things that almost every other airline operation does (taxi pay, per-diem, etc), have policies that force you to buy uniforms/items through them at a much higher cost than you could get at the same location they are buying them from ,and flat out lie to your face. My advice is to RUN and never fly on them.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! That was your clue to run. What are they smoking?

Sorry they screwed you. I hope you have found something. Did you try Cape Air? I think their Midwest domiciles are very junior.
Old 12-08-2012, 06:05 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Feb 2008

I did look at cape air. It is true that their Midwest bases are junior, but at this time of year the Caribbean is even more so. There was no guarantee of STL and i'm not commuting for that schedule. Within a month of AC1 pulling their bs I was offered a job with a better schedule and over twice as much pay. If I had continued with AC1 I would have been under contract and wouldn't have even seen the other job. It's amazing how things work out sometimes...
Old 12-10-2012, 11:57 AM

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: B757/767

Originally Posted by stlcfii View Post
I did look at cape air. It is true that their Midwest bases are junior, but at this time of year the Caribbean is even more so. There was no guarantee of STL and i'm not commuting for that schedule. Within a month of AC1 pulling their bs I was offered a job with a better schedule and over twice as much pay. If I had continued with AC1 I would have been under contract and wouldn't have even seen the other job. It's amazing how things work out sometimes...
Glad to hear it worked out for you. Congrats.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:03 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2010

Originally Posted by KC JODA View Post
A pilot who'd upgraded there left after AC1 decided NOT to abide by the contract after he'd upgraded, and kept him at the lower scale for Captain. He was told they couldn't pay the $36/hour as per contract.

So he told the owner he'd be looking to accept a position if one should come along. The owner said he understood.

When the offer did come along, the owner tried to sabotage the pilot by saying he had an oral agreement to stay on as a Captain. Fortunately, the pilot had STRONG references, a few of whom also knew the new boss at the new company and gave the pilot a thumbs up and said he was a good man and a man of his word who just ended up working for a company like AC1 out of NECESSITY.

The pilot is now doing JUST fine and getting paid what he is SUPPOSED to get paid without the song and dance.

AC1 is a good place to learn the ropes of scheduled carrier into a busy airport, but get in, get your time and GET OUT.
I believe I know of this person you speak of. Not only did they not honor the contract, they messed with his PRIA stuff in order to screw him over for future employment! I would stay far, far away from this place!
Old 09-19-2013, 09:22 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2007

Anyone know any latest. In the past 6 weeks I've seen numerous ads posted for Captains, FO's, Director of Operations, Chief Pilot, and A&P's. Are they expanding or is it a crappy place to work?
Old 09-19-2013, 11:45 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2007

Originally Posted by widespreadflyer View Post
is it a crappy place to work?
Uh did you read the thread you just posted in?
Old 09-20-2013, 11:26 AM
Line Holder

Yeah, but that was almost a year ago. I guess it could be time building types moving on to explain the attrition.
Old 09-21-2013, 02:22 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2013
Position: to-go plate at hotel buffet

I would really like to post in this thread but all I can do is yell things at my screen like I do when a ref makes a bad call.
Old 09-22-2013, 09:51 AM
Line Holder

I was a little curious and didn't really care but now I'm intrigued.
Old 07-01-2016, 01:32 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2012

Hello everyone!,

can anyone confirm if all the information provided is true? or if it WAS true at some point, has something changed at all?.

I really want to get my 1500h, but not in the mood to risk my future with that PRIA crap haha.

Any updated information? Is it true F/O have to sign a 2-year contract?