Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Alaska Jobs

Old 11-26-2008, 04:27 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2005
Position: Still Swinging props!
Default Rotflmao

Ha! You guys have me rolling! That's hilarious! No where esle can you hear things like that. I once heard:

"John Charles, John Charles, you come on Haglends. You come on Hagelands. Jim John paid your ticket. Jim John paid your ticket." That was it, nothing more. Kind of "the chair is against the wall" message, for those Red Dawn fans. I always wondered if more than one John Charles showed up at one or more locations accross the delta to go somewhere on Hagelands. LOL.

Good stuff, Deltanites. Keep it up, keep it safe, and above all, have a little fun.

Ronin
Old 11-26-2008, 07:41 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2007

I did actually fly a passenger named Harry Beaver once....I could barely fly, I was laughing so hard the entire flight...I don't remember which village though...
Also, its amazing how many had the same name for first and last name....Wassily Wassilie, etc...
Old 11-27-2008, 11:22 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: CPT

I rolled into Gambell a few times clean shaving and wearing shoulder boards and I'm a chick, my mistake, the locals called me a "lady pilot" all the while looking scared. Apparently the fear was outweighed by the desire to make it to the big city. Alaska was very good to me, weigh your options, choose your airline wisely and play nice with the managers in the sandbox and eventually you'll move on if you so choose. There are plenty of 121 airlines up there some are hiring and some are furloughing. As for favorite memories........unloading the back of the plane in Nulato and having a local yell at me to "not disrespect my eggs," you can't make that stuff up!
Old 11-27-2008, 06:12 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: FO

Originally Posted by TallFlyer View Post
And who can forget Open Line, aka the Happy Birthday Show.
I'd occasionally listen when I was REALLY bored to work on my native impression. Could be funny on occasion.

Originally Posted by Frozen Ronin View Post
"John Charles, John Charles, you come on Haglends. You come on Hagelands. Jim John paid your ticket. Jim John paid your ticket." That was it, nothing more. Kind of "the chair is against the wall" message, for those Red Dawn fans. I always wondered if more than one John Charles showed up at one or more locations accross the delta to go somewhere on Hagelands. LOL.
Almost forgot about the personal messages via radio. It truly is different up there...

Originally Posted by frozensolid View Post
I rolled into Gambell a few times clean shaving and wearing shoulder boards and I'm a chick, my mistake, the locals called me a "lady pilot" all the while looking scared. Apparently the fear was outweighed by the desire to make it to the big city. Alaska was very good to me, weigh your options, choose your airline wisely and play nice with the managers in the sandbox and eventually you'll move on if you so choose. There are plenty of 121 airlines up there some are hiring and some are furloughing. As for favorite memories........unloading the back of the plane in Nulato and having a local yell at me to "not disrespect my eggs," you can't make that stuff up!
HAHA!!
Old 11-28-2008, 06:34 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2005
Position: Still Swinging props!

Frozen:
That's a great one! It's fun to hear stories from everyone.

I Fly:
There's a family of 'Hunts' in the northern delta villages. I'll let you decide if one of them was named Mike. I didn't think anyone would ever do that to their son, but.....

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving weekend!
Old 11-28-2008, 01:01 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: Cessna 205

Originally Posted by Frozen Ronin View Post
Frozen:
That's a great one! It's fun to hear stories from everyone.

I Fly:
There's a family of 'Hunts' in the northern delta villages. I'll let you decide if one of them was named Mike. I didn't think anyone would ever do that to their son, but.....

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving weekend!
I think there are actually 3 generations of Hunts all named Mike . . .
Old 11-28-2008, 08:01 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2007

ahh yes Mike hunt....lol
Old 11-28-2008, 11:24 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: UPS 757/767 Capt ONT

lol. Thread closed.