Encore Air Cargo

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 04:05 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: Airline
Default Encore Air Cargo

Hi guys,

I have an interview coming up with Encore Air Cargo (Landmark) soon and I was curious if anyone had any recent interview experience with them? The phone interview went really well so I want to make sure I'm prepared for the in-person. The position I'm interviewing for is out of KDAL. Thanks in advance for any help!

Scott
Old 03-03-2015, 11:12 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2011

Do you have experience on the Metro? I was wondering how much they pay for the position since I live 10 mins from KDAL.
Old 03-04-2015, 06:21 AM
On Reserve

Hey Starship,

I don't have any specifics on pay but I'm told its above average for the equipment. The run is all on-demand and operates on a mostly Monday-Friday schedule. I believe the position is still listed on their website so you should apply since you are 10 minutes away (30 mins closer than me). I do not have any previous Metro experience but have close to 1000 hours of single-pilot turboprop time, not sure if that mattered though. Good luck!
Old 03-04-2015, 09:14 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by CoolHands View Post
Hey Starship,

I don't have any specifics on pay but I'm told its above average for the equipment. The run is all on-demand and operates on a mostly Monday-Friday schedule. I believe the position is still listed on their website so you should apply since you are 10 minutes away (30 mins closer than me). I do not have any previous Metro experience but have close to 1000 hours of single-pilot turboprop time, not sure if that mattered though. Good luck!
Cool! Sounds good. I did send them a reply on a 3rd party job website but said I wouldn't do the job for less than a certain $ amount. I've did this on-demand freight stuff with another company and the 24/7 on call stuff wore on me after awhile. Not to mention no auto-pilot on those long flights. Good luck..heard they're a good company.
Old 03-05-2015, 06:27 AM
On Reserve

Originally Posted by starship View Post
Cool! Sounds good. I did send them a reply on a 3rd party job website but said I wouldn't do the job for less than a certain $ amount. I've did this on-demand freight stuff with another company and the 24/7 on call stuff wore on me after awhile. Not to mention no auto-pilot on those long flights. Good luck..heard they're a good company.
Thanks Starship! I definitly agree, on-demand freight is a tough way to make a living. Whatever those guys get paid, it's never enough for the work they do. I applied through a 3rd party website as well, and then emailed the Encore DO directly. He told me to fill out the app on the Landmark website for the specific position and then let him know. Apparently, resumes get mired in Landmark HR hell before Encore gets to see them. With your past experience, letting someone at Encore know your interested will probably get you a call quick!
Old 03-05-2015, 06:51 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by CoolHands View Post
Thanks Starship! I definitly agree, on-demand freight is a tough way to make a living. Whatever those guys get paid, it's never enough for the work they do. I applied through a 3rd party website as well, and then emailed the Encore DO directly. He told me to fill out the app on the Landmark website for the specific position and then let him know. Apparently, resumes get mired in Landmark HR hell before Encore gets to see them. With your past experience, letting someone at Encore know your interested will probably get you a call quick!
But I'm assuming the pay is around $60-65k and I'm already making that and soon to be more. That's why I can't do it unless the pay really comes up.
Old 03-09-2015, 09:22 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007

I used to work there, in that exact same position. You will do a written test, which is basic IFR, an interview with usually the CP and maybe DO, or someone else from management, and then a flight test in a 402. You fly out, hold at the VOR, then go shoot an ILS. It was a very relaxed interview. PM me for questions about the operation.

I can't tell you the exact pay, but it was base + mileage. I never got anywhere close to 60-65k.
Old 03-10-2015, 02:23 PM
On Reserve

Originally Posted by mojo6911 View Post
I used to work there, in that exact same position. You will do a written test, which is basic IFR, an interview with usually the CP and maybe DO, or someone else from management, and then a flight test in a 402. You fly out, hold at the VOR, then go shoot an ILS. It was a very relaxed interview. PM me for questions about the operation.

I can't tell you the exact pay, but it was base + mileage. I never got anywhere close to 60-65k.
Thank you for the reply Mojo, I really appreciate your insight! After further financial consideration, I ended up canceling the interview. At least from what I've seen on flightaware, it didn't look like they were flying enough out of KDAL to really take advantage of the mileage pay. Oh well, they seem to be a great company and this position will be a great opportunity for someone in the Dallas area. Thanks again!

Scott
Old 06-08-2015, 08:10 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2015

PM me before going to Encore Air Cargo.
Old 06-11-2015, 05:26 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jun 2015
Position: SA227 Left

You can message me if you ever decide to reconsider. As a current employee I can tell you our Texas stuff has been very busy recently. I'm set to rotate down again and am already told to expect max flight hours and min rest as they are going to be flying all week and are making $$ (the current guy is doing the same schedule this week) It is adhoc, some stuff has changed recently and we are bidding more so our Texas flights have picked up from what they were. So there was truth to them not flying as frequently. The company wants to aggressively fly out of there. We have one in training and we may rotate one down to do international like we use to until somebody is picked up. We also do a lot of charters from south Texas so don't base flight activity from just KDAL. Last month I literally crisscrossed the US and did well. We also tend to pick up AMF stuff we can allow, which usually is Texas guys either on contracts or one time pick ups. Our route stuff is based from FSD and we make salary. I can tell you it's better than AMF, even after their raises. FSD Floaters and Texas charter ad hoc get base + mileage. Good company, good management and good turbine time. Pay and benefits aren't shared but it's the most I have seen for the flying we do in metros. Not so much an iron curtain but we kinda just do our thing, morale is pretty good, there are always greener pastures for some people but more power to them. I think for most the typical UPS schedule gets to you after awhile, we do have a good mix of lifers and time builders though.