Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Boutique Air

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2016, 11:00 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2015

Originally Posted by Lohasse View Post
Maybe I can ask this in a different way. Are you folks on a continuing growth track that may continue to support "lower" time FO's? Given all I've read here it appears to me Boutique is not a bad place to work and quite possibly worth the effort and realignment to give it a go. Are there any number of "older" pilots there making a run at retirement, or is it almost strictly folks looking to upgrade and leave? Again, your input and perspective is appreciated.

There are older guys around here but not sure if they're planning on sticking around until retirement.
Old 07-24-2016, 07:31 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jul 2016

Originally Posted by bcrame01 View Post
I was recently offered an FO job in DFW and I'm having a really hard time making the decision to take it or not. I'm sitting on 1050TT and would like to ultimately take the regional to major path. Right now I have a pretty cushy gig, but I'm only making 40 hours/month max working 4 days a week. So the question is: Take the job and settle in to a full year at boutique and take a 50% pay cut until I can upgrade to captain, or ride it out in my current comfortable govt contractor job?

Any DFW guys willing to chime in? I have only been in my current job for about 4 months, but I'm antsy to get out of the training environment and into a more complex airplane.

Thanks to anyone who responds and if anyone wants to PM and possibly talk on the phone that would be great.

Thanks for the replies. Does Boutique generally upgrade as soon as you reach 135 minimums? I recall hearing something about a 6 month bid on locations/assignments. My concern is that I'll hit my times in 2 months and have to stay an FO for an undetermined amount of time before there's a chance to move over. It sure would be nice to start building turbine PIC.

It seems after reading through this thread that DFW is a great place to be with this company.

Anyone here have a quick upgrade?
Old 07-24-2016, 08:24 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Thanks for the replies. Does Boutique generally upgrade as soon as you reach 135 minimums? I recall hearing something about a 6 month bid on locations/assignments. My concern is that I'll hit my times in 2 months and have to stay an FO for an undetermined amount of time before there's a chance to move over. It sure would be nice to start building turbine PIC.

It seems after reading through this thread that DFW is a great place to be with this company.

Anyone here have a quick upgrade?
Don't expect an upgrade in DFW in 2 months. If you want an upgrade, you'll have to go to DEN first like several captains here. There's FOs in front of you waiting for DFW upgrades so you'll be low on the totem pole.
Old 07-24-2016, 08:38 AM
On Reserve

Originally Posted by OkStateBryan View Post
Don't expect an upgrade in DFW in 2 months. If you want an upgrade, you'll have to go to DEN first like several captains here. There's FOs in front of you waiting for DFW upgrades so you'll be low on the totem pole.
That would almost be preferable. I've only been in Dallas for a few months and would have no problem leaving for Denver after I get my foot in the door. I just wanted to make sure there was no rule about a minimum amount of time to stay in each location before trying to advance to the left seat. Does Denver have pretty consistent openings for captain? Thanks for your response!
Old 07-25-2016, 10:26 AM
Gets Weekends Off

That would almost be preferable. I've only been in Dallas for a few months and would have no problem leaving for Denver after I get my foot in the door. I just wanted to make sure there was no rule about a minimum amount of time to stay in each location before trying to advance to the left seat. Does Denver have pretty consistent openings for captain? Thanks for your response!

Yes Denver is getting all the new routes so they will need captains.
Old 07-28-2016, 01:32 PM
New Hire

Originally Posted by SEair View Post
Good intentions pave the road to ... where was that again? Don't go making career bets on good intentions. If you want great pay for a small single-engine turbine airplane for a short duration, go for it. With your eyes open.

And read the histories of Great Lakes and Seaport and too many others to name. And research why I bring up those specific companies.
SeaAir you are absolutely right. Flying J is delusional. I've been a pilot with the company for over a year now and things have not improved. The same issues we spoke of in the cockpit last March are still present today. I would only recommend this place if you are a low time pilot who has few options to get their hours. And for the record we've been told we're getting CASS "soon" for about a year and a half now and still nothing.
Old 07-28-2016, 04:48 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Btqpc12 View Post
And for the record we've been told we're getting CASS "soon" for about a year and a half now and still nothing.
Yeah... people are starting to really get impatient with that.
Old 07-29-2016, 06:16 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2016

Originally Posted by OkStateBryan View Post
Yeah... people are starting to really get impatient with that.
And some sort of retirement package would be nice too.
Old 07-29-2016, 06:33 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by flydaho View Post
And some sort of retirement package would be nice too.
Don't hold your breath.
Old 08-01-2016, 02:10 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2016
Default Atl

Hey, any word on hiring? First time I applied back in March I only had 390 hours, I'm now approaching 600 and have heard nothing regarding my apps besides the automated email.
I'm in ATL and am set on flying with boutique for now.