Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Boutique Air

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2016, 12:24 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2015

Originally Posted by DiveAndDrive View Post
Purely out of curiosity, how does Boutique feel about applications that don't meet the minimums? I have 230 hours, PPL, IR. I anticipate having my commercial in hand by the end of June. Would I be OK applying, or should I wait until I have the commercial in hand?
Apply when you have the commercial certificate. That is a hard requirement.
Old 05-27-2016, 04:10 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: May 2016
Position: FO
Default Commuters

Does anyone commute, or know anybody that does? I live in STL now and just sent in my resume this last week. I'm currently flying a seasonal survey job and looking to move to DFW eventually.
Old 05-27-2016, 05:38 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2016

Originally Posted by OkStateBryan View Post
Who's padding time? Who said anything about going straight to Delta?

Thanks for the pointless addition to the thread.

Back on to topic - most people are happy here. Great place to get experience for SICs looking to go 121/ other 135 operations. It would be a rough gig if it weren't for the people you get to work with around here. You get burnt out on the schedule real quick, though. I'm envious of the DEN guys getting all these new routes. I hear Moab is awesome.
Moab is hands down the coolest route we fly. Plus crossing the wasatch mountains between it and slc isn't too bad either. McCook starts on the 1st, so let's hope for no tornados this summer...or ever. If it wasn't for the constant duty overnights then the schedule would be perfect. That said, I've seen huge jumps of improving it every month I've been here.
Old 05-27-2016, 07:21 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Sos21 View Post
Does anyone commute, or know anybody that does? I live in STL now and just sent in my resume this last week. I'm currently flying a seasonal survey job and looking to move to DFW eventually.
Sounds like they don't allow it any more for new hires according to the forums.
Old 05-27-2016, 08:54 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2015

Originally Posted by Sos21 View Post
Commuting isn't really feasible, so realistically you'll need to live in base.

My attitude was to stay loose. I started applying when I was living in Florida and already had plans to relocate to DFW. In my cover letter I specifically stated I was willing to relocate.

I took another flying job initially in DFW until I got hired at Boutique. When I was hired the only base open was ATL. I took it, and bid DFW before I even took my check ride. Two months later I was flying out of DFW.
Old 05-27-2016, 09:35 PM
New Hire

Position: CFI

Originally Posted by ClarenceOveur View Post
Commuting isn't really feasible, so realistically you'll need to live in base.

My attitude was to stay loose. I started applying when I was living in Florida and already had plans to relocate to DFW. In my cover letter I specifically stated I was willing to relocate.

I took another flying job initially in DFW until I got hired at Boutique. When I was hired the only base open was ATL. I took it, and bid DFW before I even took my check ride. Two months later I was flying out of DFW.
Are they a lot of slots open for DFW from now between November? And what is the possibility of getting SIC with 220TT from a Pt 141?
Old 05-28-2016, 07:13 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Prpilot23 View Post
Are they a lot of slots open for DFW from now between November? And what is the possibility of getting SIC with 220TT from a Pt 141?
We may have one or two slots opening up this summer due to upgrades. 220 is very low though. Get that up to 450+.
Old 05-28-2016, 10:37 AM
On Reserve

Position: FO

I'm kinda in the same boat. I'm just over 300 hours, but I don't really want to leave my current company a pilot short in the middle of the season. I'm hoping to be around 700 by the end of the season. It would be nice to have something lined up though as soon as or season ends in September or October.
Old 05-28-2016, 02:29 PM
New Hire

Default Part 141

Greetings,

I am currently attending a state university working on my pro-pilot degree. I will graduate next may with my Part 141 Commercial/Instrument/CFI/CFII/Multi-engine rating. I don't want to instruct and I will graduate with about 300TT. What do you think my chances are on being picked up by Boutique with low time?
Thanks!
Old 05-28-2016, 05:37 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2016

Originally Posted by KsuAvia View Post
Greetings,

I am currently attending a state university working on my pro-pilot degree. I will graduate next may with my Part 141 Commercial/Instrument/CFI/CFII/Multi-engine rating. I don't want to instruct and I will graduate with about 300TT. What do you think my chances are on being picked up by Boutique with low time?
Thanks!
Depends where you went to school