Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Boutique Air

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2016, 09:16 AM
Contract

Joined APC: Aug 2014
Position: SR22

Originally Posted by OkStateBryan View Post
Well guys, I flew my last trip at Boutique this week. Heading onto the 121 world. I'll still check back up on the thread occasionally. Good luck to everyone that's applied and waiting for a call. Might just be a waiting game. I was told that applying more than once doesn't help you any though. Only reason I would reapply is if you've accumulated a lot more hours, have new ratings, etc.

Lots of growth happening really quickly. I'll let you decide if that's a good thing or not. Hopefully they can continue to staff the routes. Sounds like Portland is coming soon with Pendleton. Can't honestly tell you when CASS will finally show up so just don't hold your breath on that. It'll get there when it gets there. Sounds like the company is reading this thread and noticing that people are asking about retirement benefits so they're working on 401K for you guys. Overall it's a good place to be. Can't recommend it enough if you're a low time pilot (~500 hours) looking to get out of instructing and build the rest of your time. I have gained some great experience flying here. You will definitely deal with bad weather, IFR conditions, random maintenance issues, and other sorts of delays. When you go to an airline interview and they hit you with the "tell me about a time when..." questions, you'll be well prepared. The other pilots and the CSAs are some of the greatest people I have met and made the job enjoyable even if the flying was rough that day. Keep an eye out on more King Airs to come online. PC12 is a blast to fly but you would be a more marketable pilot in the industry with some multi turbine experience (especially if you get picked to be a captain and can get the PIC experience with it. Company pays for the ATP and type rating).

Company grew a lot in the short time I was there. Will be interesting to see what happens in the coming months. Shoot me a PM if y'all have any questions

Congrats man! Thank you for always being helpful to new pilots trying to get their foot in the door. Best of luck to you in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-30-2016, 10:27 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2015

I've got a year and a half or so until I'm done with school, I'm hoping to be around 1000TT, >100 TPIC, most all of it single engine jump pilot time, and am hoping to be in the left seat at BTQ within a year of hire (hitting the TT, XC, and instrument time in the right seat in the first twelve months). My goal is the DEN base. Anything I aught to add to this resume to increase my chances? What is the pay cap for PIC, and do FOs typically upgrade to CA immediately upon reaching 135 mins?
Old 08-30-2016, 10:58 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2016

Originally Posted by MaxMar View Post
I've got a year and a half or so until I'm done with school, I'm hoping to be around 1000TT, >100 TPIC, most all of it single engine jump pilot time, and am hoping to be in the left seat at BTQ within a year of hire (hitting the TT, XC, and instrument time in the right seat in the first twelve months). My goal is the DEN base. Anything I aught to add to this resume to increase my chances? What is the pay cap for PIC, and do FOs typically upgrade to CA immediately upon reaching 135 mins?
Any time spent as CFI or working at another 135 operator helps a ton. Denver is hiring now, dunno how it'll be once you're done. Typically upgrades are right at mins, but you may need to switch bases to do so. Pay is found on the site, $62.50/hour, 80 hour guarantee as captain. Each year spent at boutique IIRC it's a 2k bonus.
Old 08-30-2016, 12:57 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by flydaho View Post
Any time spent as CFI or working at another 135 operator helps a ton. Each year spent at boutique IIRC it's a 2k bonus.
I'm hoping some TPIC may offset the lack of either of those I'll have. Planning on getting an AGI here soon. So no pay cap or raises? Just (2k * years at company) + 60k?
Old 08-30-2016, 01:40 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by MaxMar View Post
Lol sup Max. Good seeing you on here. You'll be way over qualified. You'll get captain upgrade right at 1,200 or 135 PIC mins. Especially at DEN. That place is constantly taking over new routes.

Also there's a bonus structure but it doesn't kick in until like 18 months. SIC upgrade bonus after 9 months.
Old 09-01-2016, 03:03 PM
On Reserve

Any word on the Pdx base? I live in Portland and they would be a fantastic fit for me.
Old 09-01-2016, 04:05 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Higherclimb222 View Post
Any word on the Pdx base? I live in Portland and they would be a fantastic fit for me.
They sent out an email yesterday or the day before. Looking at an October opening date I believe. Might also connect to SEA.
Old 09-01-2016, 05:34 PM
On Reserve

They sent out an email yesterday or the day before. Looking at an October opening date I believe. Might also connect to SEA.
Wow, they're moving fast. Thank you for the update.
Old 09-01-2016, 09:44 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2014

The current EAS contract doesn't expire until the end of the year. 12/31/2016, according to the DOT website. I know Seaport plans to service PDT until that date. An October class would make sense though. A connection to SEA would be outstanding.
Old 09-02-2016, 08:26 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Sorry I got the routes mixed up. Cortez and Alamosa begin in October. PDT begins January. Previous poster was correct.