Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Can Anyone Speak To Life @ Tradewind Aviation

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2016, 11:13 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2016

Originally Posted by GreenWater View Post
I interviewed on a Friday and had a flight test the following Tuesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi there! I just received a call from HR- I was wondering if you'd be willing to PM me any info on the interview/flight test?

Thanks!!!
Old 09-27-2016, 04:18 PM
Contract

Joined APC: Aug 2014
Position: SR22

Originally Posted by DarkSideMoon View Post
Hi there! I just received a call from HR- I was wondering if you'd be willing to PM me any info on the interview/flight test?

Thanks!!!

Sure will.

Old 10-04-2016, 02:37 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Aug 2011

[Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSideMoon View Post

Thanks!!!

Sure will.QUOTE=GreenWater;2212043]Sure will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Would you be so kind to do that for me too ?
I am about to have a skype interview.
Thanks
Old 10-19-2016, 07:29 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2015

Does anyone know how firm the 900 hour requirement is? I'm really stretching here, but I have 550 hours total time. My seasonal job is ending within about a week or two, and I am kind of entering panic mode a little bit.
Old 10-19-2016, 06:52 PM
Window Licker

Joined APC: Oct 2016

Anyone know how many hours SICs are getting per month?? Upgrade time to CA? I'm 200 away (TT and XC) from 135 mins so wondering what that looks like with these guys

Skype interview next week so any gouge would be solid as well. Post skype process?
Old 11-11-2016, 11:58 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2016
Position: Legacy C130 Galley Operation Instructor

Originally Posted by Md5drivr View Post
Anyone know how many hours SICs are getting per month?? Upgrade time to CA? I'm 200 away (TT and XC) from 135 mins so wondering what that looks like with these guys

Skype interview next week so any gouge would be solid as well. Post skype process?
So I have just hit the line out of their October class in SJU and was told that I need to keep good track of my monthly hours. They have a 120 hour per month limit and word on the street is some pilots have been known to accidentally go over the 120. Yesterday I flew 3 turns from San Juan to St Barts and logged 5 hours... From the looks of the schedule most crews will fly three turns a day. They do have some schedules with overnights but they try to get everyone home at night. Upgrade is merit and time. They make it clear from the beginning that you are not just going to upgrade to PIC at the 135 mins. If you are not a team player and not company focused you are going to be in the right seat for a while. They self implement some minimums for PIC's into St. Barts which is this companies money maker destination and it could take an SIC a good 4 to 6 months just to reach those mins if they are not flying into St. Barts regularly. Again I am only speaking for the Caribbean pilots based in SJU. But pilots based up north tend to be more senior with the company so I assume it is not much different.
Old 11-11-2016, 12:02 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2016
Position: Legacy C130 Galley Operation Instructor

Originally Posted by DiveAndDrive View Post
Does anyone know how firm the 900 hour requirement is? I'm really stretching here, but I have 550 hours total time. My seasonal job is ending within about a week or two, and I am kind of entering panic mode a little bit.
There were people in my class with less than 900 hours but more than 550... Put in an application... Worse thing that can happen is they tell you to circle back with more time...
Old 11-11-2016, 12:58 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2015

Originally Posted by C130H View Post
So I have just hit the line out of their October class in SJU and was told that I need to keep good track of my monthly hours. They have a 120 hour per month limit and word on the street is some pilots have been known to accidentally go over the 120. Yesterday I flew 3 turns from San Juan to St Barts and logged 5 hours... From the looks of the schedule most crews will fly three turns a day. They do have some schedules with overnights but they try to get everyone home at night. Upgrade is merit and time. They make it clear from the beginning that you are not just going to upgrade to PIC at the 135 mins. If you are not a team player and not company focused you are going to be in the right seat for a while. They self implement some minimums for PIC's into St. Barts which is this companies money maker destination and it could take an SIC a good 4 to 6 months just to reach those mins if they are not flying into St. Barts regularly. Again I am only speaking for the Caribbean pilots based in SJU. But pilots based up north tend to be more senior with the company so I assume it is not much different.
C130H

Can you start at the north bases before going to SJU?
Old 11-11-2016, 03:36 PM
Contract

Joined APC: Aug 2014
Position: SR22

Originally Posted by mike sierra View Post
C130H

Can you start at the north bases before going to SJU?

Yes you can. Just make that request and they'll do their best to accommodate you.

Old 11-12-2016, 07:03 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2015

Originally Posted by GreenWater View Post
Yes you can. Just make that request and they'll do their best to accommodate you.

Thank you.

Can you also tell me how many hours are you guys flying per month?

Appreciate your help