Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Can Anyone Speak To Life @ Tradewind Aviation

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2016, 10:24 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2016
Position: Legacy C130 Galley Operation Instructor
Default Can Anyone Speak To Life @ Tradewind Aviation

I am shopping around for my Part 135 gig to rack up some Turbine PIC time and saw Tradewind's PC-12 Captains job post on another forum. I did a search on here and most of the posts are several years old. Can anyone give any insight as to how many hours a month one might expect to fly? I guess back in the day Pilots would have to relocate between the northeast and SJU depending on the season. I am wondering if this is still the case. I would prefer to just stay south in SJU if possible. I thank you in advance for any help at all on this subject.
Old 07-29-2016, 09:48 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2016
Default Can Anyone Speak To Life @ Tradewind Aviation

Tradewind is awesome. Fun flying, cool people, and probably one of the best entry 135/91 jobs out there. Fly the PC-12, stick around and get some jet time, and when the time is fight maybe move on to another good northeast jet operator.

SJU is cool but your instrument skills will suffer. There are some full time SJU people, most rotate though.
Old 08-01-2016, 03:47 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2011
Position: Admiral

The chief pilot is a good guy I know from my flight training days.
Old 08-08-2016, 10:34 AM
Line Holder

Thank you both so much for your responses... I have an interview with them next Tuesday! I really appreciate the feedback...
Old 08-16-2016, 11:11 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2010

How did the interview go? What was your take on their facilities, operations,etc? What kind of qualificatons did you have and what were they looking for? I've been interested in that place for a little while now. Thanks
Old 08-17-2016, 03:55 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2015

Does anyone know how the schedule works here? Like a bid or a 8/6 thing.
Also if based in SJU is it possible to live in like st.thomas or st.barths and hitch a ride in?
Thanks a bunch! Hitting 135 mins and trying to scope out my options
Old 08-18-2016, 07:11 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2016

Originally Posted by PrettyFlyGuy View Post
Does anyone know how the schedule works here? Like a bid or a 8/6 thing.
Also if based in SJU is it possible to live in like st.thomas or st.barths and hitch a ride in?
Thanks a bunch! Hitting 135 mins and trying to scope out my options
It used to be a 4/2 schedule. Not sure if that's changed. They pay for your housing in SJU. No, a commute in from another place wouldn't work. A couple pilots live in St. Barth, but that's a special case and their flights originate from there. Apply before hitting 135 mins. You can finish up the 1200 hours on the job at TW.
Old 08-18-2016, 01:06 PM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by Pony Express View Post
How did the interview go? What was your take on their facilities, operations,etc? What kind of qualificatons did you have and what were they looking for? I've been interested in that place for a little while now. Thanks
Interview was good. I was very impressed by the two people that I spoke with. It was your standard part 135 interview with the obligatory drugs and background questions. Talked through some approaches and other aviation knowledge. I am a Military reservist with just over a thousand hours and I already have my restricted ATP. I did make it to the next interview round which involves traveling to their headquarters and flying in the PC-12. Now my dilemma is trying to get a weekday off on my current active duty orders.
Old 08-19-2016, 06:13 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2010

Good info thanks for sharing. Best of luck in the next round of interviews!
Old 08-25-2016, 08:07 AM
Contract

Joined APC: Aug 2014
Position: SR22

Originally Posted by C130H View Post
Interview was good. I was very impressed by the two people that I spoke with. It was your standard part 135 interview with the obligatory drugs and background questions. Talked through some approaches and other aviation knowledge. I am a Military reservist with just over a thousand hours and I already have my restricted ATP. I did make it to the next interview round which involves traveling to their headquarters and flying in the PC-12. Now my dilemma is trying to get a weekday off on my current active duty orders.

Good luck to you sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk